FA Cup 4th Qualifying Round: Notts 2 - 3 Coalville

menzinho

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,062
  • Days Won:  54

I know we’ve started the season really well and you can’t complain about the league standing. But that result was embarrassing. Completely underestimated Coalville and gifted them progression to the next round. We were so switched off and bad on the ball today, it really did look like a team of strangers at times. So many bad induvial performances. The 3rd goal summed it up, awful corner and they go straight down the other end and score due to some absolutely criminal defending from us!

I didn’t think it would be easy but I really thought we’d win. Not just cos they’re 7th tier but it was a big chance for a lot of players today to make a statement, a lot them now can’t argue when they find themselves back on the bench. Sam Austin is probably the only player who can, 2 goals and our only real threat for most of that game.

Fair play to Coalville but that has to go down as one of our worst ever loses.

• Like 2

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  382
  • Days Won:  8

I agree, bucket load of money thrown away by an inept performance. League much more important of course but ....I mean, come on.

• Like 1

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,444
  • Days Won:  287

Dear oh dear, where do you even begin? The only saving grace is that if you lose at this stage, most people don't even notice. This result would have attracted national coverage in the first round.

The team we put out was a strong one too, six of the eight players who came in had started NL games this season and have mostly done well. They're expected to contribute to our promotion push. With hindsight though, it's naive at best to make so many changes and still expect a fluid team performance.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,062
  • Days Won:  54

Having watched the goals back now, the 3rd goal is quite clearly offside. Young pushes out leaving Bajrami as the last defender and therefore the striker stood on him who flicks it in is offside.

Surprised we didn’t protest more. I know we were all over the place and it’s not a common occurrence but in a game of professional football that should’ve been spotted.

Not that it matters, as I think we’d have been forced to play a strong for the replay (had that happened) and with a Friday game that wouldn’t have been ideal at all. Perhaps for the best, but I’m still miffed we went out. I’d much rather bin the FA Trophy off over the FA Cup.