Match Discussion: Game 21 - The Bees (H)

PON_News

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  381
  • Days Won:  8

7 hours ago, menzinho said:

And breathe… Was anyone worried at half-time? I wasn’t 🤥 😅

Got to give everyone credit for that turn-around, like to hear what people thought about our first goal, was it controversial? Sounded like it wasn’t a head injury and it’s up to the ref to stop the game. It’s a competitive contact game after all and one of my bug-bears is players kicking the ball out for players who aren’t actually injured.

Great result, even though Wrexham dropped points we’ve just got focus on us. We’re doing unbelievably well at the moment I love this team, just hope we can keep this winning run going!

Sometimes I think players ask for what they get, with so much play acting and going down because they get hit by a feather it makes referees jobs impossible. Damned if they do, damned if they don't. If it's a clear case of acting, book them, if it's a " professional foul" send them off, I don't do all this " taking one for the team" rubbish, it's cheating and should be treated as such. I can't bring myself to watch the premier League because I might as well watch a good film, at least some of the acting is believable.

• Like 1

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,702
  • Days Won:  36

Worst game Baldwin has had in a  Notts shirt by a considerable distance I thought. He really did not like being given the hurry up by Barnet's press. That being said, I thought our whole back three and two central midfielders were struggling with it as well. Bostock hated it and was really found out with it, he was denied the time to get the ball onto his left foot and find a pass. I thought Palmer's ball to Baldwin for their goal was a poor one, it had too much pace on it. TAR really struggled, but it was his first game back in a long time.

Our front line was much better as there was a lot of space for them to move around in, but the final ball was poor at times. Wingbacks needed to drive the ball into the box hard and low as their giant back line gobbled up most aerial balls.

Second half we were much better and the Barnet press was spent after around 55 minutes. They were basically out on their feet for the last 20 minutes and this gave all our players the space and time to play. 

A lot of credit should go to the referee for not falling for the play acting and he did produce the highlight of the match for me with that daft spray line, I thought he was going to paint a dirty picture the way he started!!!

Definite Langstaff goal BTW and I can only assume the Lino did not think he got a touch as he looked well offside to me.

Our energy levels must be immense as we are looking far fitter than most teams in the closing stages of games. LW should take a lot of credit for rotating and keeping the guys this fresh.

MOM: Jodi Jones

P.S. Wrexham fans moaning that their side is looking leggy and tired. Is their cup run catching up with them? They have a lot of Tuesday/Saturday games lined up.

P.P.S. I still love Vinny...

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,443
  • Days Won:  287

I'm still buzzing after that second half! In the first half we showed a lot of slow, sloppy play and it could have gone very wrong for us. We were too reliant on lofted crosses up front and looked nervous at the back. Obviously their goal was a howler on our part, but their man showed quick thinking by taking it first time when many would have tried to run through. The second half was totally different, we were quick, incisive, looked like scoring with every attack and we just overwhelmed them.

Jones is a quality signing and Vincent is as good as a new signing. Both were involved in the goals. Happy days when we can bring players like that off the bench!

The icing on the cake was Wrexham finally dropping points. It feels like a small turning point.