Febain Brandy Loan

Chris

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,989
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

It seems a weird one for me at least, I told @sadlad and some others that Brandy should have remained with them instead of joining Sheffield United. I felt his season prior to this year was somewhat lucky for him, another year would have help him progress as Walsall really gave him their backing.

Quite a promising player really, though he did nothing for us. He did seem effective, at least for a club who play like Walsall.

Good solid base, focusing on pretty football and good attacking play.

Yet all this said, I am surprised to see him join Walsall on loan (especially after the recent abuse upon his return). Thoughts?

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  98
  • Days Won:  5

Left Walsall under a bit of a cloud in the summer- went for the money and cited family reasons for the move. Our last home game v. Sheff United he was given a torrid time as he warmed up on the touchline. Yet jumped at the chance of a loan back here till the end of the season as he can't get much of a look in at Sheffield United. Apparently no such family reasons stopping his return now! He was given a mixed reception last night. A combination of applause and boo's. Likewise when he came off towards the end. On his day he can be effective- but he's also something of a diver in the box. At least we should get a few pens now before the end of the season!

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

It's a strange one really. Like the player. Sometimes brill, alot of the time not so!

He ran the game for Sheff U at the beginning of the season on tv.

Did nothing for us though it was a poor time to play for us!

He's very frustrating, he had us on the back paddles and many of those chances he would resort to falling over. I think he went down in the penalty area twice hoping for a decision to go his way and I think he was carded for a very soft dive.

Good player though, he should be a big asset for Walsall and I am sure their manager knows how to handle him.

I just hope the diving isn't encouraged because I'd rather see skill, not cheating. I will be keeping tabs of his development :) 

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,905
  • Days Won:  162

Left Walsall under a bit of a cloud in the summer- went for the money and cited family reasons for the move. Our last home game v. Sheff United he was given a torrid time as he warmed up on the touchline. Yet jumped at the chance of a loan back here till the end of the season as he can't get much of a look in at Sheffield United. Apparently no such family reasons stopping his return now! He was given a mixed reception last night. A combination of applause and boo's. Likewise when he came off towards the end. On his day he can be effective- but he's also something of a diver in the box. At least we should get a few pens now before the end of the season!

i dont like him for this reason, he gets paid to play football but typical of some united players they think it means diving is acceptable.

good luck with the signing, he is a good player when he wants to be.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  98
  • Days Won:  5

Cheers folks. Yes when Febs keeps to just playing football he looks the part. Think twice this season he has ben sent off for Blades after coming on from the bench. which was frustrating for them to say the least. As you say he did well for them against you early in the season. With Saddlers now 6th we are hoping his goals will help us cement a play off spot for us.

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,290
  • Days Won:  69

Good to hear from you again @sadlad.I hope he does help you with your promotion hopes. :thumbsup:

@sadlad What did you say to me the other night? Your 6th, chance the dream. You might do a Yeovil or perhaps even a Walsall! ;) Keep on thinking positive thoughts because if the football is good, the result come - you never know what else might be around the corner.

Archived