Atos

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  68
  • Days Won:  0

I thought you might all like to have a read of this.

The amount of workers with ATOS who have left and spoken up on their policies grows weekly.  Yet still this company receives a vast amount of money by the government...with extensive bonuses for everyone they decide is fit for work.  How is this a fair assessment on who can and can't work, and how long before even more end up homeless or living well below the poverty line before something is done about their practices?

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/nurse-makes-heartfelt-apology-after-1340838

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,991
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I know, it's very concerning.

The thing I dislike is the fact nobody is safe, people are being forced onto things like A4E and I know many people who are disabled (from my previous job) who are being hassled to find work and facing having their care budget lashed. I honestly felt proud once, I know some people are often quite hung towards the benefit system but genuine people need the support and actually deserve it.

Annoyingly, where I live I see many flaunting being on state handouts and none of these people are targeted.

At least this nurse can say she's said sorry, however she shouldn't have done it in the first place. I think people who are like this are cruel and yes, I would never do anything that would harm others like that. I was often told to ignore residents when I was on care duties, I wouldn't.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,905
  • Days Won:  162

this is very common now, your local gp's get pressured to avoid signing people off when its needed.

you can forgive someone for saying sorry, though i agree it should not happen in the first place. @anonypie i dont think the current government care enough, they say they do but this is while they line their own pockets. getting people off the wealth system who need the support and allowing politicians to earn way more than they deserve to be on.

i hope its put stop too but i dont see it :(

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,290
  • Days Won:  69

One word-Scandalous!

By the way, just to clarify, I don't actually think this nurse has anything to apologise for.  She left the firm when she found out what they were requiring her to do.  She originally went into the job thinking she could help people get the benefits they deserved.  Naive but well meaning.

It's the government incentives that they pay the firm that makes me sick, and the way Atos are following those incentives.  This isn't weeding out those claiming sickness benefits who  aren't sick, it's victimising people who are genuinely unable to work either short or long term.  Neither care a jot for the repercussions of these ridiculous assessments.  They are designed to try and trap people, and it's often the elderly and the most vulnerable in society that suffer most.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,991
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

By the way, just to clarify, I don't actually think this nurse has anything to apologise for.  She left the firm when she found out what they were requiring her to do.  She originally went into the job thinking she could help people get the benefits they deserved.  Naive but well meaning.

"But she was told to mark people as fit if they could write or show up for an interview properly dressed. Eventually, Joyce was carpeted by bosses for being “too nice” to claimants.

After five months, she was signed off with stress caused by “having to trick sick people out of their benefit”. She quit in July 2009 and hasn’t worked since."

The article suggests she went along with it, if that's not the case then she doesn't have anything to be sorry for.

I'd say that the fact she was there only 5 months indicates that she didn't.  It's very hard to walk away from a job without the safety net of another to walk into.

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,290
  • Days Won:  69

I took granny for a disability assessment update last summer.After a few questions by the doctor I was asked to push her outside the building so that the doctor could watch granny get out of her wheelchair and walk.After about 3 steps the doctor said he'd seen enough and helpfully helped us back inside to where granny had another person to see.While we were waiting the same doctor shouted a patients name out and a woman stood up and limped into the doctors room.Granny was then quickly seen by the second person and we were soon on our way out of the building.We passed the area where granny had been asked to walk and the same doctor was watching the limping woman walk.As we passed by he asked granny if she was OK.We made our way to the main road and the limping woman passed us and suddenly lost her limp.

I take Granny to our doctors and the hospital regularly and I've noticed a lot of people seem much healthier when I see them away from the waiting rooms.It's not that difficult to tell which patients are genuinely suffering and which ones are making the most of it.

Archived