Macaulay Will He Stay?

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,489
  • Days Won:  166
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

Macca spoke to East Midlands News and gave some hope to Notts fans that he will stay.

I for one hope he stays. He wants to get to League I, & so do we.

• Like 1

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Days Won:  17

Will He Stay Or Will He Go? Will Macca have a Choice if that Once in a Life Time Bid Comes In? After all every Man or Club have their Price. What if a £3million offer came in ? Would the Notts board turn that offer down? Don't think so it will be Cheerio Macca thanks for everything. Come back when you're 34/35 and finish your career at the Lane.

Of course I want Macca at the Lane next season along with Jodi and Dan Crowley but we need to be realistic because £3 million would be massive for a Club like Notts, but Pea Nuts to Championship Clubs hoping to make it to the Premier League. And Macca could make his mark in the Championship of that I have No Doubt.

• Like 1

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,489
  • Days Won:  166
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

@Wheelbarrow repair man

I agree. If a high offer came in Notts would have to let him go, because it's important that we have to have a balanced side for all the reasons we have discussed.

Hopefully a good percentage of that money would go toward strengthening the side. If it's going to happen, I'd rather it be sooner rather than later.

We already have excellent strikers and attacking midfielders at the club, so although losing Macca would be a big blow, we would still have a great attacking unit even without him 

• Like 2

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,444
  • Days Won:  287

I think he probably will. He very likely has a minimum fee release clause in his contract, so if a really big bid comes in it would trigger it. And it's a short career. However, it's summer and the market is full of strikers who are proven at a higher level and available on a free transfer. If you look at it that way, why should a Championship club pay a seven-figure fee for a player who's never played higher than League Two?

He definitely deserves a stab at playing in a higher division. I just hope it's with us.

• Like 2

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,059
  • Days Won:  54

Posted (edited)

I was always more hopeful he'd stay, because I too think there's a very limited number of clubs who could afford him and realistically want him. In my opinion I think most Championship clubs would view him as a risky signing as he'd be jumping up two levels. And in League 1, a lot of clubs would love him but not many could afford him.

I've always thought Macca is very happy here and the interview just confirms that for me, I'm even more hopeful he'll be around next season too!

Edited by menzinho
  • Like 1