• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  17

As the New Season approaches in the Wheelbarrow Repairman's house hold our thoughts has a Family turn  towards all things Notts County Things which we talk about around the dinner table. Here are a few subjects that have come up, and I wondered what Notts interactions come up at Fellow PON members meal times, regarding the Goings on at The Lane.

My Youngest Son isn't a Fan off the New Notts Home Shirt, from a distance he says it looks like an all Black Kit. If the Magpies play in white shorts at least it breaks up all Black appearance. He's in Favour of a Bold Black & White Striped Shirt.

Macca's Transfer came up (of course) My Eldest Lad did say at least Notts managed to hang on to Macca for the Full season, but if the old system of No Transfer windows had been put in place, and English Football still allowed Clubs to sign players all season long Macca may have Gone Sooner. I see his point only I'd Prefer to see No January Transfer Window. And have all Player deals done in the Off Season.

The Wife hopes the Magpies can have a better finish to this season, than they Had last season. She's not Sure if Notts will get Promoted but a top half Finish and maybe a playoff Place will be an Improvement.

I express my views on PON. And I have some Nagging Thoughts at the Back of My Mind. The Main One Being Stuart Maynard, something I have stated on the Website, I would think the opening Couple of  Months (Results Wise) will indicate if I've been worrying about Nothing. Another Concern is the Nest, now there is No Major Football Competition on will this effect the Club and Put a Strain on Resources? Because as of Yet No Announcement has been made by the Club, regarding what is going to Happen with the Nest. Also it would seem the Paddle Centre as been a Bit of a Dead Donkey. I've not read anything about it at all recently.

• Like 3

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,961
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

The Nest is designed to not cost the club when it's not in use. It's normal for event areas to be closed and opened on the day of the event, so I doubt money will be getting lost there.

As for the Paddle Centre, it's always busy when I have been past.

It has attracted large numbers of players to come take the facilities up, and I had heard it was very profitable. I know some fans questioned the decision about allowing season ticket holders access for free, but that didn't really drum up a lot of use cases by our fans. Notts aiming for promotion is enough to make me happy, if we keep digging a way and work hard, it will happen. I'm just glad the club are investing in things because as a business model it will attract curiosity and potential new fans.

• Like 4

@Chris 

Regarding the Paddle Centre, I didn't know it was a busy place I've never come across any Advertisement for it and as I live a  Good Distance from Meadow Lane I've never seen it being used, in fact the only thing I've seen about it was when a Reporter Interviewed Macca on one of the Courts.

As for the Nest I had no clue about the Fan Zone not costing the Club money when it's closed. As I've said before it would have been Helpful if the Club put a complete run down of the Events going on at the Nest on the Official Website. All I recall was Joe Palmer stating that the Nest should be finished by the Euro's came round, and the Pictures and uploads from the Fans on PON during the Tournament.

• Like 3

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,742
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

I was looking forward to this thread....but then I didn't realise it had nothing to do with this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ask_the_Family

:rollonfloorlaughing:

• Haha 2

I remember this programme on the B.B.C. When Robert Robinson was in charge, I think it was only open to Posh Families. But Oh How The Mighty Have Fallen. Presented by Dick and Dom, who were about as Entertaining as Root Canal Work They Had a Combined I.Q Slightly Higher that a Rabbit Dropping and thought Going Round Shouting BOGGIES Was Funny. Give Me Strength.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,369
  • Days Won:  161
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

@Wheelbarrow repair man

I remember the quiz, "Ask the Family" well. It would have a family of four with a boy and a girl and Robinson would ask them questions about all sorts of things.

The children were all well spoken, most likely went to private school, and of course they were very knowledgeable. The parents would have very good jobs.

The World was quite different then of course.

• Like 2

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,874
  • Days Won:  162

i dont talk football with my family and i avoid it with my dad, tho my uncle tends to talk good sense about notts. i see things a lot more differently to my dad, it would only lead to me getting annoyed with his complaining. 🤣

there have been times i have told him to go watch forest again. 😆