Are Pep And Jose That Good?

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,197
  • Days Won:  17

I know what you're thinking are Pep and Jose that Good? What are you some Kind of Idiot? Of course they are look at all the Titles and Trophies they've Won between them. This is of course True you only have to look at their Wiki pages and see how Good they are and I'm Not Denying that, but there's something that Bugs me about both of these Football Managers/Head Coaches and that is During their Careers, neither has really ever had to Struggle at any team they've Managed both have gone to Big Clubs where Money was available and having as Much Cash as you need to buy the Players you want, isn't in my Opinion the sign of a Good Manager/Head Coach.

Pep Guardiola.

The Three teams Pep has Managed/ Coached have Been Barcelona, ( only Real Madrid have offered any competition to them) Bayern Munich ( not much opposition) and Manchester City (Liverpool and to an extent maybe Arsenal, have stood in the way of City winning the Premier League). He's never been in charge of Poor Team, wherever he's been Money has been available for him to Purchase the Best Players by the owners. Like most Coaches he hasn't had to lie awake in his bed at night, wondering if his Top Scorer will be fit enough to play Saturday or if his loses, then his Job is on the Line. Never has he heard Guardiola Out Chants or You Don't Know What You're Doing. No Pep has had as had an Easy Coaching Life compared to most of his Peers.

So what in my eyes and I'm sure of many other Non Manchester City Fans, would Make Pep into a True Coaching Great? Lets see him take over a team in EFL's League 2 and take them up through the Leagues and into the Premier League and Win a Major Trophy. Yes a side  that would offer him a Challenge, A Club where they had to watch every single penny, were he would have to Coach and Man Manage his players to get the Best out of them. This is of course Pure Fantasy on my part Guardiola would never accept such a Challenge and So in My Opinion can never rank along side the Likes of Brian Clough  Jimmy Sirrel Dave Basset or any other Managers, who have taken their Unfashionable Teams to the Heights of the the Old First Division or Premier League on player Budgets which are  probably less than what the Tea Lady at City gets paid.

The Same could very Much be said about Mouriniho, so I wont bother repeating myself. Just lets see Jose take an unfancied team from the Lower Leagues and make them into Premier League Champions or Trophy Winners. But It Will Never Happen.

• Love 3

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,753
  • Days Won:  173
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

WBRM, You've basically said it all there.

Comparing the two, they are different personalities for a start. Jose is more towards the Brian Clough type of Manager & Pep is more towards the Cloudio Ranieri type.

I think Jose is the better Manager, & I think he would possibly succeed with getting a lower league club promoted rather than Pep.

But I don't think they would ever consider it because they want to be at the pinnacle of the game with a big club and the best players.

• Like 3

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  541
  • Days Won:  1

Both are good managers in their own rights, but I think Jose Mourinho is the better manager. Pep Guardiola works and requires a much higher budget. Are they as good as the hype? Probably not, but I do acknowledge that they are very good at what they do. Mourinho has spent money with clubs like Chelsea, but he has worked and done well for teams where they are not as fortunate. Pep wouldn’t manage an Italian team in my opinion as they don’t spend nearly as much as Spanish or English clubs would.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  749
  • Days Won:  2

I don’t think either are as good as people claim. There’s too much money in the game, and I don’t think you can compare them to managers like Sir Bobby Robson or Sir Alex Ferguson, who would both be higher up my list of all-time greatest managers. I can’t stand Pep; he seems to think he’s football’s answer to Jesus. He turns clubs into champions when they already have been and walks on grass as if he’s walking on water. He’s had an easy life at Manchester City. I have far more respect for the self-proclaimed chosen one.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,835
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

I thoroughly disagree. Pep for me. Just look at the managerial failures of Jose in recent years. Don't forget Mourinho at Chelsea, he discarded "talent" like Mo Salah and Kevin De Bruyne. 

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,197
  • Days Won:  17

With the Amount of Money Pep has been given at the Clubs he's Managed, any decent Manager, Could Have Achieved What He Has Done. He's had an Easy Ride, Not unlike Lewis Hamilton in F1 never had to Struggle, always had the Best Car, until he didn't have the Best Car and has been found Wanting Over the Last few Seasons.

• Love 1