Joe's scouting report

medievalmickey

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  159
  • Days Won:  3

I have just read this and it is an excellent and accurate article on Swindon Town.

In his aftermatch report on local radio he stressed that the team had to keep emotionally detached from the game and concentrate on playing to win. Indiscipline has cost us dear this season and perhaps we are turning the corner.

It appears we played well today but perhaps that is just local reporters' bias.

Joe, do you have a second team? If not why not follow us now and again because I reckon you could buy into Lee Power's masterplan.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,139
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

It was quite scary to see Swindon hit us the way they did.

That is what frustrates and disappoints me the most, I know you have a very good squad but we didn't acknowledge any of the warning signs. I don't mean to take anything anyway from your performance because Swindon was outstanding but we allowed them to play in such a way you could tell we wasn't prepared. We should have stood toe to toe when you came at us and avoided back tracking but hey that's football.

I'd be very proud of your performance today @medievalmickey - By far the best team I have seen this season.

To be honest, I like Arsenal because I enjoyed watching football and I picked them out in 92/93 when they had stripey socks. I watched a cup game with @super_ram, I think it was against Spurs and I think Arsenal lost but they played well.

I have since grown a soft spot for Walsall, Swindon, Rotherham, Hartlepool, basically anywhere I have come across fans who have shown me there is more to the game than bitter rivalry. I do think football is tribal but it's also a community, there's no need for bitterness or tasteless banter, Football changes people usually for the better if you follow it for the right reasons.

Thanks for your compliment and I am glad you enjoyed it.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,924
  • Days Won:  162

i think joe is a very good writer, whos very talented with what he does.

the scout reports are excellent and it is nice to see someone from another club praising our leader.

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  1,470
  • Days Won:  5

@notts-joe is a credit to the club.

He knows his stuff!

Archived