Academy...

PTID1862

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

I seem to remember an academy was a really good thing, throughout times past... Scholars were always proud to have been to an Academy...

Now it means you are under performing and the butt of the education system...

Your thoughts on this and other words that have had their meanings changed like this

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,007
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I don't agree with the new school systems because all it's a mask, that is all.

The uniforms don't teach manners, it just identifies people to be bullied or to become a bully themselves. Supposedly school's get to police their own admissions and rules, which is all a farce and untrue. I would also argue that the changes make much of a difference by rebranding, I'd put my neck on the line and say if they invested the money like they do into regular schools differences would be met.

I'm thankful I am not at school during these times because they're killing the education system and I am not very impressed.

I'd agree it highlights under-performing schools, yet even school's with good grades are being forced into the new system. It's just a government idea whereby they bring changes which only offload the shortcoming of the future failures.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,922
  • Days Won:  162

i dont like it, it does not make sense to me and i think the right reasons would be to see a school improve by itself not by these measures.

if the school does not, its down to the staff and head teacher!

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

Academy means a Tory failing school unfortunately. It has been coming from them for a few years, but now it seems the norm. Wait until a school fails, become an academy then hey presto. Not alot changes.

I know I've been there. Left a failing school behind thank god. I predicted that when I walked....

1. The school would get in 'executive' heads to take over.

2. Give it a year and it will become an academy.

3. The prediction of 'We'll be out of special Measures in a year' was rubbish.

Here we are and all three are correct.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

Ok, so are there any other words that have changed the meaning due to public opinion or governmental interference?

Archived