Notts Youth v Scunthorpe

shepshedpie

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  45
  • Days Won:  1

Notts youth team began today's game with Scunthorpe just three points behind leaders Bradford City and coming off the back of two victories with eight goals scored and none conceded.

Notts had the advantage of a blustery wind in the first half but after only two minutes play Notts' clean sheet record had gone after a good cross and header from the visitors beat the Notts keeper.

The game was fairly even from that point on with a repeat of Scunthorpe's 3-1 victory back in October looking a distinct possibility.  But after 25 minutes a quality corner from Tom Rigby was headed home by Colby Bishop to bring Notts level at 1-1.

Seven minutes later a cross from Jake Payling was volleyed into the net by Kieran Blaney to put Notts ahead 2-1, a lead they held until half-time.

Notts faced into the wind in the second half and for the first twenty-five minutes the game was fairly even but on 70 minutes Notts went further ahead when a superb through ball from defence by Kenan Layton was fired home by Kieran Blaney for a 3-1 lead.

Two minutes later Colby Bishop controlled a through ball from Jordan Richards without breaking his stride to chip the advancing keeper to lead 4-1.  Colby left the field soon after this goal with what seemed to be discomfort from his hip - hope it's nothing too serious.

Another good performance from the young Pies.  Next up are two games against a Chesterfield team that are on a very good run of their own - having not lost since October.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,007
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

All seems to be coming together for the youth team, as I was reading I sort of expected them to struggle after going 2-1 up (I don't know why). Yet I am pleased by the final score and it seems to have been a smashing game!

Thanks Dave :)

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

At least the youths know how to win, Shep do you go to both games? You require a medal if you do.

Hi American Pie,

As a season-ticket holder I try to do both games as often as possible - sadly, this year it is the youth team that have usually been the highlight of the day.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,921
  • Days Won:  162

some more fans might convert to watching the young pies which will only be a good thing, good result and performance for them.

Notts youth team now third in the league table - just three points behind leaders Bradford.

Notts' next two matches are away and then at home against second placed Chesterfield.

All to play for.

Archived