X files is coming back!

Feral Fox

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

Cool. used to enjoy it when it was on. The movies not so much, but the series was enjoyable.

In fact anything with Gillian Anderson is worth watching. :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

The X-Files will return for a six-episode event series, it has been confirmed.

Fox has announced that David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson will reprise their role as FBI Agents Fox Mulder and Dana Scully for the limited series, which will begin production this summer.

movies_the_x_files_3.jpg

© 20th Century Fox

"I think of it as a 13-year commercial break," said The X-Files creator Chris Carter. "The good news is the world has only gotten that much stranger, a perfect time to tell these six stories."

In a joint statement, Dana Walden and Gary Newman - Chairmen and CEOs of Fox Television Group - added: "We had the privilege of working with Chris on all nine seasons of The X-Files â€“ one of the most rewarding creative experiences of our careers – and we couldn't be more excited to explore that incredible world with him again.

movies_the_x_files_i_want_to_believe_1.j

The X-Files: 5 classic episodes of the hit sci-fi show

"The X-Files was not only a seminal show for both the studio and the network, it was a worldwide phenomenon that shaped pop culture – yet remained a true gem for the legions of fans who embraced it from the beginning.

"Few shows on television have drawn such dedicated fans as The X-Files, and we're ecstatic to give them the next thrilling chapter of Mulder and Scully they've been waiting for."

The X-Files originally premiered in September 1993, spanning nine seasons. Two feature films based on the franchise were also released, the first in 1998 and the second in 2008 following the original series run.

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s267/the-x-files/news/a637664/the-x-files-to-return-for-6-episode-event-series-on-fox.html#ixzz3VP7KNNzi 
Follow us: @digitalspy on Twitter | digitalspyuk on Facebook

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,991
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

They killed the show, so for that reason I couldn't watch it again. It became less and less about the reason why people started watching it and more about stupid story-lines. Not forgetting how they played around with the characters, it just ruined it for me and I wasn't a fan of the direction in which the show took. I can remember being gripped to it and I personally wouldn't want to ruin that further.

When it ended, I recall how people said it was a long time coming and now all of sudden with other shows being revived people are excited about X-Files.

I guess we will have to wait and see but I'm not holding my breath!

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

Mmmm Scully

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,302
  • Days Won:  28

I did see it occasionally but i wasn't really interested in it. It would make quite a few people happy though. Would it really be the same, being many years later though.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

Many a good tune played on an old fiddle... so I can imagine many a teenager wishing Scully as a cougar.

• 8 months later...

Archived