Boots to lose 400 jobs in Nottingham

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Despite assurances there would be no job losses when the takeover by an American company was announced, Boots have announced that 400 jobs are under threat and consultation is taking place. My sympathies to anyone on here who is employed by Boots, having been made redundant 3 times during my working life I don't envy you the next few months of uncertainty.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

It's not good news and it goes against what they said prior to the takeover, I really hate when companies do this. 'We won't change the name', 'Nobody will be let go'... Then after the dust settles they start making plans to throw in their name before boots and then news breaks about having to let people go. I know it's business but it's about time honour came back into it.

Not remotely professional in my opinion.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I remember when I used to work for an Advertising Agency, the company was going through a rough period and rumours were flying around I asked my head of department if we were going to be ok, he tried to reassure me by saying that my job was as safe as his, the following week he was made redundant, about a month later so was I so I suppose in a way he was right. :rolleyes:

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

That's pretty rough @tonyhateley.

Boots are just restructuring it would seem, if the UK focus on creating jobs it wont be a problem. Tough to lose a job but it happens to everyone.

Archived