The boos

Chris

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,995
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

It seems Blair Adams was surprised by the booing which came from supporters, I don't know about anyone else but the game had an horrible feel well before Orient had scored. I would say it crept in around the 35th minute mark, that's when I started to hear discontent from our own support.

"I think the boos did surprise me, yeah. I think we did pretty well."

At half time no end of people told me we was playing well (I don't knock this), it's just that in my opinion the more the game progressed the further we went out of it.

I don't remotely think they played well at all.

The players seemed disjointed all over, whilst I acknowledge the defence did well - I only believe this is more so because Orient didn't put their foot on the accelerator. I stand by my thoughts that they seemed nervous about us countering but myself, I was more nervous about conceding.

What are your thoughts on this? Would Blair say the same if he had sat in the stands??

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  631
  • Days Won:  8

I agree Notts did not play well, 'disjointed' yes! Notts were avoiding defeat narrowly, but were posing no attacking threat. It was terrible to watch if you think Notts County FC should be better than this.

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,702
  • Days Won:  36

I actually thought we were the better of two very poor sides up until the Orient substitutions, we then did not appear to have an answer which should have been countered by substitutions of our own.

The thing that struck me about the game in the first half was just how quiet it was and the general apathy, it was more like watching a game of cricket on a Sunday afternoon than actually watching a football league match. It really does appear that we (the fans) were going through the motions of just turning up and watching, there was no passion, no chanting, it was all really sad and it didn't start to become heated until well into the second half and for all the wrong reasons.

The thing that gets me about Blair Adams is that he thought we were playing well, have the players all been having PR lessons from JF? One shot on target is not playing well, the back four were doing OK, but beyond them was dire, it was just that Orient were even worse!

Guest gtownjohnno

1 thing i noticed about saturday performance was that the full backs seemed to be under orders NOT to get forward at all. The last 15 minutes or so they did but by then it was too late........also can anyone confirm the rumour that fullarton was actually approached by GB and told to apply for the job!!

I've just listened to Colin Slater's views -near the end of this broadcast http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03hfbs4#play

Well worth listening to. Apologies if the link has already been posted.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  173
  • Days Won:  2

10 minutes ago, gtownjohnno said:

1 thing i noticed about saturday performance was that the full backs seemed to be under orders NOT to get forward at all. The last 15 minutes or so they did but by then it was too late........also can anyone confirm the rumour that fullarton was actually approached by GB and told to apply for the job!!

Not true, Fullarton applied for the post independently ...hope that helps 

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,995
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

It was mentioned within a video interview and via the Post that Dougie Freedman had suggested him to Notts. However, he did apply from what I know of and from people who have spoken to me.

Like I've said elsewhere, I feel sorry for Jamie - I think given time he will be able to fix things.

Yet any manager who fails to listen will have trouble, as will one without an experienced assistant. I don't quite believe the rumours that someone sat guiding him in the stands, I've seen the picture but from what I've been told - this manager travelled with Orient.

Freedman and others may have been contacted to provide references which would only be natural I guess.

No one was guiding him on Saturday but Steve Coppell was definitely there ...more worrying would be any potential assistant coming along and seeing an atmosphere like Saturday...not exactly an easy sell !! 

The Aborah issue will rumble on and I'm sure fans will make their own mind up in the fullness of time but what I would say is that, even under significant pressure people will still show a bit of backbone not to throw others under the bus. 

If I was Aborah and wanted away then I'd commit to playing for a move...I hope he does that 

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,588
  • Days Won:  22

I didn't boo this time, but I might next - how else can one express protest and discontent. However, I would only want a small part of this to be directed at JF, much much more at the board who are far more repsonsbile than JF for the current situation.

I read nothing into player interviews, they're not media trained and are often in a lose/lose situation whatever they say.

I think the interviewers have been poor and keep asking the same questions time and time again...you can see JF getting frustrated already at getting the same questions over and over.

26 minutes ago, NewNottsFan said:

I think the interviewers have been poor and keep asking the same questions time and time again...you can see JF getting frustrated already at getting the same questions over and over.

I wouldn't worry too much about JF getting frustrated at the same questions. His response to the first question Colin Slater asked him in public was that it was 'patronising'. Which has coloured my view of him.

9 minutes ago, NewNottsFan said:

@Riverleeno what question was that? His first Notts press conference ? just watched it back and didn't hear him say that..

@NewNottsFanIt was at the Wimbledon game- Pre-match in the hospitality suite. 

Just now, Riverleeno said:

@NewNottsFanIt was at the Wimbledon game- Pre-match in the hospitality suite. 

ahh right , hey, he seems to have his work cut out to win folk over but I think the on pitch stuff will be more important

By his own admission in one of his interviews he felt the press and live microphone stuff was the tough part for him having not really done it before but , in my opinion , the press in general haven't been great in getting much real detail from him

You are right @NewNottsFan on the pitch is where it matters in the end. If he is frustrated with the questions, and struggles with the media, then I don't think he should fear straying off-topic if it helps to get his point or view of the game over.

Yeah , I think you can see how frustrated he is after Saturday, especially in tonights interview on Notts TV....Tomorrow night can't come quick enough and I'm hopeful for a result which puts this negativity behind , at least for a little while

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,702
  • Days Won:  36

3 hours ago, NewNottsFan said:

Maybe they are still waiting for him to give them an answer that they want to hear :rolleyes:

Archived