Ray Trew has resigned.

ivansneck

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  686
  • Days Won:  0

5 hours ago, Fozzy said:

Well, I was expecting something to happen, but did not quite expect this. I thought they would come up with some way to try and reconnect with supporters, but it appears that he has taken the opposite approach, didn't Pavis threaten to do this on several occasions?

I blame Colin Slater, it was obviously his grilling of JF that was the final straw. Ray must have thought he had got it so wrong, even Uncle Col is having a go at the club!

The only way to rebuild is to start a new era.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  874
  • Days Won:  1

7 hours ago, notts-joe said:

Considering the level of abuse which both Mr & Mrs Trew have mentioned, I don't think that statement is the best. In my opinion he should have stepped down gracefully, without digs or pointing the finger - emotions must be high and I don't tolerate or condone anything personal but his statement would have read better without it.

I also think the majority of fans appreciate the changes he's made, the MLSB is a great hub and that's only one area.

So it goes without question that anyone unhappy just wants to see the club move forward. The abuse is a different situation, something which could have been handled better all along I feel - It's all rather sad but from a supporters point of view it gives us hope of focusing on football matters, rather than the constant off the field issue which occurs very frequently. I hope it gives them the peace of mind that they seek, I also hope that someone buys the club with the mindset to bring back the disconnected supporters base.

You are right.

There was no need to mention it, we all know what the reason is and why.

I do feel like there was more to the purpose to the statement, the news coming out of Notts for awhile has been poor to say the least. This statement is the first thing which actually informs us. I am surprised to see him reach a decision so quickly but if the clubs been on the market for some time it seems disappointing that at a time supporters are questioning the truth in situations even the owner fails to be transparent. Hardly good business.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  173
  • Days Won:  2

37 minutes ago, waldorf said:

Personal abuse is wrong, but so is taking offence to every little thing and trying to play silly little games. Why did she suddenly start posting on this website after ignoring it for so long? Disruption. I believe they wanted fans to bite to provide them with an excuse.

Some people can't help themselves.

I think social media played a big part of it but Saturday at the Lane I think was particularly telling about the level of abuse personally leveled at the manager, even if some of it was in protest at the owners.I came on this forum to look at how JF would fare in management having seen his career in football develop over the years. I can't help but feel for the lad as he is 'just out the wrapper' as we say in Scotland and finds himself within about 4 weeks in and already in the middle of all this. His interviews at times haven't helped and the Aborah issue, in my view, hasn't helped him one bit and today...its probably the furthest thing from anyone's mind. I still maintain however that it will still require clarification....and it will come 

I hope for the managers sake that todays news, at least, gives him some time away from criticism to get some results on the pitch before new owners come in .....and then? well I think we've all seen that movie........

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,727
  • Days Won:  23

if the new owner is Alan hardy which I said ages ago wanted the club people said he hasn't got enough money etc etc.

1He is a Notts County fan 

2His company have won buisness awards and so on.

Also his company is growing  at a fast rate

Aldo if he buys I can't see Fullarton staying I reckon hel be gone and hopefully someone expierenced comes in.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,654
  • Days Won:  89

I feel this has been coming for a while now. If you discount the first few months of their ownership when we were promoted, we have been on a steady decline ever since, despite (reportedly) throwing £20mil at it. There have been some good times, but those are largely overshadowed by the bad and inept. If those figures are true, we must have been the only club to throw 20mil to go down from L1 to the bottom echelons of L2. Unfortunately the Trews have been increasingly distant from the fans, and lived in some kind of self-imposed bubble. Ray Trew even said last week he was targeting the play-offs and promotion, total delusion. I think they thought that JF would get a bit of stick and then it would be fine, which is another example of how badly they have misjudged things at Notts.

I don't think it was sustainable the way they ran the club. There was 0 long term goal (though they invented these long term plans - they changed every year), there was no kind of common path or sense of all pulling in the right direction. We leaped from one grand idea to the next, much like we did with managers. I had zero confidence that Ray would actually pick a half decent manager with a medium to long term plan, and actually stick with it. This is why I was for the Trews selling up, as I couldn't envisage any progression, only things getting worse.  

The personal abuse the Trews suffered on Facebook was terrible, and the personal insults were out of hand. I only ever saw it on Facebook as I don't have access to their private messages and don't use twitter. However, even this wasn't totally one-sided, reaction or not. This fall out, if you want to call it that, has been coming for a while. I said after they sacked Derry and hired Moniz, that this was the last throw of the dice. A lot of people could see this coming, but not those at the top. 

The press release is unprofessional. It's not the first time Ray has spat his dummy out and the oh-so predictable reaction of yet again blaming fans should have been avoided. The Trews have without doubt benefited the club rather than the opposite, despite the strange decisions/appointments, without that initial decision to save us, we may not even have a club to ***** about, so for that, I will be eternally grateful. I feel like this parting of ways could have ended better, for both parties, but such is football. 

I'd like to thank the Trews for saving us at a very dark time for the club, for improving some club facilities and for not putting us into administration.

I feel this is a good chance for Notts to find new owners and once again move forward. YP

Archived