Holiday Plans!

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,303
  • Days Won:  28

Does anyone have any holiday or weekend break plans for this year (no need to write when)?

Are you going abroad or staying in this country? and How do you like to spend the time away from home?

We know Tony has gone away on a trip to spain, but it would be interesting to hear about other peoples plans.

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,298
  • Days Won:  69

Yes , and WeymouthPie is going to Northern Ireland.

When I was working the subject of holiday destinations came up regularly.

I used to say I wasn't sure if we were going to Romania or The Near East. This would  get peoples interest until I said (Rumania) remain here or (Near East)-Skegness

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  2,140
  • Days Won:  58

Yeah we're off to Northern Ireland for a week at the beggining of next month, got some friends over there who we stay with in Ballymoney. I'm hoping to visit a few Northern Irish league football grounds while I'm over there this time (I dont do shopping), will put the photos up on here if I manage to.

My mum is having a weekend away for her birthday this weekend as well. Dream come true for her, as she's going to see Bonjovi live at Villa Park with her mate on Sunday. She cant wait!

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,007
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Yeah we're off to Northern Ireland for a week at the beggining of next month, got some friends over there who we stay with in Ballymoney. I'm hoping to visit a few Northern Irish league football grounds while I'm over there this time (I dont do shopping), will put the photos up on here if I manage to.

My mum is having a weekend away for her birthday this weekend as well. Dream come true for her, as she's going to see Bonjovi live at Villa Park with her mate on Sunday. She cant wait!

Aww, Why couldn't you have gone a few weeks back? You could have brought Jeff back with you! ;)

Seriously though, I hope you enjoy it buddy. Take pictures if you do visit grounds!! I would love to see them, I really appreciate grounds (especially before the become globally appreciated). I have a thing for little grounds, partly why I enjoyed Hartlepool so much. Great ground! Okay, Now I read fully and I realize now you said you will if you mange too. :ahappy:

Do me another favour? Can you ask your mum to sneak me in too? I'm not ashamed to say it - I'm a massive Bon Jovi fan (including his lovey dovey songs). Hope she enjoys it, which I am sure she will.

Will be going away to Skeggy - Super Ram will be with us or I with them, so either way... You all will have a break - Just depends who from ;) LOL

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  2,140
  • Days Won:  58

Aww, Why couldn't you have gone a few weeks back? You could have brought Jeff back with you! ;)

Seriously though, I hope you enjoy it buddy. Take pictures if you do visit grounds!! I would love to see them, I really appreciate grounds (especially before the become globally appreciated). I have a thing for little grounds, partly why I enjoyed Hartlepool so much. Great ground! Okay, Now I read fully and I realize now you said you will if you mange too. :ahappy:

Do me another favour? Can you ask your mum to sneak me in too? I'm not ashamed to say it - I'm a massive Bon Jovi fan (including his lovey dovey songs). Hope she enjoys it, which I am sure she will.

Will be going away to Skeggy - Super Ram will be with us or I with them, so either way... You all will have a break - Just depends who from ;) LOL

I'll do my best mate, got a thing for different grounds myself. I guess one of the beauties of following Notts is the amount of different grounds we get to visit. Like visiting non-league grounds with Weymouth especially simply because you'll rarely find two similar grounds at this level.

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,298
  • Days Won:  69

Football grounds have improved a lot over the last few years. I remember going to watch The Rams  play Huddersfield in 1968 as the Cloughie era gathered momentum, to say the toilet facilities were  primitive is an understatement. Even in 1975 when I went to Wembley for the Charity Shield match v West Ham the story was much the same.The Baseball Ground was similar to Meadow Lane in many respects, being in need of improvements, but both grounds were still much better than a lot of grounds I visited years ago. It's a disgrace that it took the tragedies of Hillsborough, Bradford and Heysel to force the improvements that we've seen over the last few years.

Archived