Ratings Boreham Wood v Notts

Piethagoram

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,782
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

Collin 5 Didn't have a lot to do, 2 goals conceded but cannot put blame on him

Tootle 4 had a torrid time when faced with pace, better in second when moved to midfield

Laing 5 still no where near the form first time round. Expect better

Hollis 5 no aerial threat to face but was exposed to pace

Dickinson 4.5 too slow, make a comparison with Boreham's left back. Are we receiving value for money?

Rodman 3 Why is always picked? Perhaps Sheridan likes playing with a passenger

Richards 5 Thought he was unlucky to be subbed at half time. Tidy but maybe needed to be more imposing

O'Connor 5 An enigma, some good, some bad. Always expecting him to stamp his supposed class but still waiting to see it

Milsom 4 solid but no mobility.

Collins 3.5 Poor touch, gave up tracking back, a disappointment

Oliver 6 Thought he won 90 per cent of the balls, played up to him. I thought he was onside for the disallowed "winner"

subs

Campbell 7 rescued us and showed he had pace where the rest of the side are lacking. Game changer

Forte 5.5 was able to occupy their defenders to stop them pushing forward

Hewitt 5 more effective than Tootle

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,703
  • Days Won:  36

2 hours ago, Piethagoram said:

Just seen brief highlights

Reducing Collin to 3.5 #LoachIn

I was going to argue the point on Collin, but you've thankfully corrected it! His positioning for both goals appears very odd, he was way too close to his near post for each and this made it too easy for the strikers to score by firing it across him. He should have been a yard further away and this may have given him the chance of saving with his feet. 

It was not the way I learnt to keep.

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,263
  • Days Won:  25

Just think we got out of jail but we did show character to do it , we put up more of a fight than the pitiful performance last season on TV , not much of a divide between the 2 leagues really , we live to try again , and on the school report i would put could do better 

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  71
  • Days Won:  2

I have to disagree regarding the goalie. Questions must surely be asked of Hollis who both times let the player take the shot. First one their striker breezed past him and the second Hollis failed to mark him. Goalie positioning was to cover near post each time which was correct but why where their strikers in those positions in the first place?

The point I was making is that you do not cover the near post by standing next to it, which Collin was guilty of. You can cover the near post still by being a yard further across, it is all about closing down angles and covering as much of the goal as possible, which he failed to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,041
  • Days Won:  71

Any criticism aimed at Collin for those goals is unfair, he was beaten by two excellent finishes just inside the far post.  If he was any further across his near post would have been wide open.

3 hours ago, Elite_pie said:

Any criticism aimed at Collin for those goals is unfair, he was beaten by two excellent finishes just inside the far post.  If he was any further across his near post would have been wide open.

We shall agree to disagree Elite.

Having viewed it again, on the first he has moved too far from goal, leaving the goalkeeping arc as he should have been just outside the posts covering both angle and with the second he is positioned correctly in the arc, but too far to his left. 

Goalkeeping is about angles and I may be nitpicking, but as a kid this was what I was taught, so I expect it from a professional.

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,263
  • Days Won:  25

I think a shot across the keeper to his far stick is always a hard one to stop , better prevention by the team defensively was needed more to help the keeper , but hey we got out of jail thankfully , replay will still be a tough game . 

Archived