Stead stays!

According to the OS Jon Stead has committed his future to Notts. They don't say how much of it though. I'm glad about this as he's an important figure at the club. And 28 goals in two seasons is very steady.

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news/2017/june/stead-commits-future-to-notts/

So it looks like he's given up his American dream and opted to make Notts County great again...

Additionally you can read our piece on this. ;)

Honestly, I didn't expect him to sign.

Firstly it's great news, he's a fantastic player and still has it. Secondly I don't blame him considering moving to America, however I always felt (as I have said) that this would have been a mistake. He knows what to expect here, the pay doesn't outweigh jumping sticks and if the move had of happened - ultimately failing, his career would be over. He gets to play out his career here and hopefully he can help us move forward.

Notts County is a great club, so I am glad he sees this and has decided to stay.

I just wished he had decided a little sooner and put the doubt to rest, it would allow him to escape some of this negativity that our fans feel.

Archived