Player ratings v Chesterfield

Elite_pie

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,041
  • Days Won:  71

Based on 6/10 as an average, competent performance.

Collin - 6.5 - Saved us a couple of times and looked solid. Moaning about his distribution is harsh, he did the right thing at the right time.
Tootle - 6 - Looked sound defensively, didn't get forward a lot.
Jones - 6 - Better defensively, forward play and set pieces were mixed.
Duffy - 6 - Did what he was there to do.
Brisley - 6 - Better than at Coventry, hopefully he can build on this.

Hawkridge - 6.5 - Worked hard, good involvement for a wide midfielder.
Allesandra - 6 - Some good bits, but anonymous at times.
Hewitt - 6 - Won plenty of challenges but needs to use the ball better when in space.
Yates - 6 - A bit indecisive at times but still promising.

Ameobi - 6 - Great touch, always offered a target.
Stead - 6 - Average performance, but did keep their defence occupied.

Subs:

Grant - 7* - Gave us the touch of class we needed. I've deducted a point for his silly booking. He was lucky to escape a yellow at Coventry for a petty kick at the keeper. Cut out the petulance Jorge, because we need you on the pitch.
Forte - 6 - Got into some good positions, but let down by his first touch.
Walker - 6 - Steady for the short time he was on.

To be honest that was a pretty unimpressive but very welcome 3 points. I thought the performance of the officials was bizarre, they seemed to get a lot wrong and if anything their incompetence worked in our favour for once. I didn't see the first Ugwu incident, but a bloke near me was adamant he had elbowed Hewitt off the ball. The lino took an age to raise his flag, so I don't know how much he actually saw even though he was only a few yards away. Him and the ref had a discussion, then Ugwu was shown yellow. If it was a deliberate elbow then either the lino saw it and should have told the ref it was a sending off offence, or he didn't see it and Ugwu escapes unpunished. It was either a straight red or play on. The red card he did issue just before the break looked harsh in the extreme. I don't see how it was classed as denying a goalscoring opportunity at all. Maybe he was making up for his earlier error. I also thought that Stead was pushed to the ground when he was one on one with the keeper, which would have been a penalty and red card. Also the ref issued yellow cards for fouls that were softer than some he let go. Hopefully replays can clear a few things up. I have to admit leaving the ground with the impression that neither team will be involved at the upper end of the table.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  4
  • Days Won:  0

Vary harsh marking for some and over generous on others there Elite.

To say Tootle rarely got forward is inaccurate...he crossed for the first goal didn't he?

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,147
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Collin - 7 - He played very well, yes he's slow at getting the ball out but this is partly the players fault for not getting forward. Why lump the ball forward to Grant when there's no support? Kevin Nolan was always telling the midfield to push up, so down rating Adam after putting in a solid shift seems very unfair. He deserves the praise because he never looked like conceding at all.
Tootle - 5 - Defensively did the job, got forward but for me he was failing to link the play as well as could have been and would frequently pause or do the JCR turn (which I hate).
Jones - 6 - He did very well defending, several times he won the ball back and slide in nicely timed to break down play. Also put good balls in and set pieces, decent performance by him.
Duffy - 5.5 - He did alright, he left space open (and if he was Hollis this would be picked out), he never really marked a Chesterfield fan like a defender should. He just seemed happy to let them be direct.
Brisley - 6.5 - Best defender for me! Absolutely no nonsense from him.

Hawkridge - 6.5 - He drove Notts forward and got stuck in, he was easily pushed off the ball but to his credit he would always try to get the ball back.
Allesandra - 5.5 - He got forward, defended and lead the wing well which created chances but he never really shown a spark within his play.
Hewitt - 5 - Steady performance and did well in midfield.
Yates - 4 - Struggled for me to contribute, he was okay defending and picking up the ball but going forward he didn't really do much.

Ameobi - 6 - Very good control, he moved about and linked up play well.
Stead - 5 - Worked hard, put in a better shift than he did at Coventry but looked unfit and quite lightweight against the bully boys.

Subs:

Grant - 7 - Instantly changed the game as we all know he can do, he looked easily the best player on the pitch and he worked well with the team.
Forte - 5 - He did very well when he came on, but wasn't able to impact the game really. His rating reflects the minutes he appeared, yet he worked well and should have shot instead of setting up Ameobi. Forte isn't a selfish player, so this speaks volumes!
Walker - N/A - I don't recall seeing him at all, so I can't rate him.

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,813
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

@Chris I know I have an appointment at the Opticians this week, but it is ludicrous that Collin shares the same marking as Grant. Collin was well protected and had a very quiet match. The "save" in the first half he was lucky with, with a soft shot. Collin's distribution is appalling, wasting opportunities to release players that are in space. Anyone who was at Scunthorpe, has to feel sorry for Fitzsimons especially. I worry that Nolan is failing to make the "tough" decisions. We just "did enough" yesterday but there are no real signs of a cohesive game plan involving passing the ball

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,147
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

3 minutes ago, Piethagoram said:

@Chris I know I have an appointment at the Opticians this week, but it is ludicrous that Collin shares the same marking as Grant. Collin was well protected and had a very quiet match. The "save" in the first half he was lucky with, with a soft shot. Collin's distribution is appalling, wasting opportunities to release players that are in space. Anyone who was at Scunthorpe, has to feel sorry for Fitzsimons especially. I worry that Nolan is failing to make the "tough" decisions. We just "did enough" yesterday but there are no real signs of a cohesive game plan involving passing the ball

Sometimes he's very slow to release the ball, yet often its because players are isolated. We have seen Collin release the ball fast and nobody present to get the ball, yet he takes the blame for that (the outfield players need to be quicker to get up also).

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,041
  • Days Won:  71

5 hours ago, carltonpie said:

Vary harsh marking for some and over generous on others there Elite.

In that case, put up your own ratings.  It's all down to opinions, and the more we get the bigger the picture for those who couldn't be there.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  6,696
  • Days Won:  43

This is one of the new features I'm totally loving !! A fair insite to the match how the players have played @Elite_pie another great read please keep them coming. A great result and this the articl above gose well with great stuff  

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,813
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

Collin 4.5 Well protected but one can never feel assured with his keeping. Completely missed one cross which he should have claimed

Tootle 5 Not one of his better games but one should also be reassured that he makes very few mistakes defensively

Duffy 6 Won his headers and led the back line well

Brisley 5.5 Would be a 6 but gave away a needless free kick in injury time. Coped well with the movement of O'Grady, who was perhaps Chesterfield's most impressive player

Jones 4 Wasteful of dead balls, as well as some wayward punts too,  just crying out for Bola...  need to dream on. Noticed Jones failed to track back on several occasions

Yates 5 Maybe Scunthorpe game took too much out of him. Not as effective than Tuesday night

Hewitt 4 Cannot pass nor track back nor tackle. Even moved to Right Back when Nolan says he is not a Right back

Alessandra 5 Not involved in the game to influence it but did chase

Hawkridge  7.5 Bundle of energy and his ability to close down in final third, won Notts countless balls. Worthy MotM

Stead 4.5 Legs, legs, legs...no real sharpness and maybe Forte should have been introduced earlier

Shola 5.5 Held up ball well but never got service in Chesterfield's Penalty area

Subs

Grant 7.5 Class, class, class... and that free kick!

Forte 5 Good effort, should have been introduced earlier

Walker 4.5 Half mark deducted from poor dead ball

C

Walker 4.5 Half mark deducted from poor dead ball

note to Moderators, please delete my ratings thread from the same game...Elite and I must have entered at the same time

Archived