Rodgers Ready For Title Fight

Chris

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,991
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Rodgers ready for title fight

<!--url{0}-->Brendan Rodgers believes there is more to come from Liverpool and says they will "fight" to remain in the title race.

The Reds saw their perfect start to the season ended at Swansea City on Monday, but a 2-2 draw at the Liberty Stadium was enough to preserve their unbeaten record and send them back to the top of the Premier League table.

Four seasons have come and gone since Liverpool were last considered to be realistic contenders for the crown, with the Merseyside outfit having spent too long for their liking outside of the top four and the UEFA Champions League party.

Returning to that competition is the main target for those at Anfield, but Rodgers will do all he can to keep the Reds in the hunt for a first top flight triumph in 24 years.

"We are getting a level of consistency, and that was the biggest thing for me.

"When I came here last year, there was no consistency in the performance. But now we are just churning out wins and if we can't win we are drawing games with resilient performances, like in the last 25 minutes against Swansea.

"I still believe we will get better and more fluent as the season goes on, so we are happy to be top and we are ready for a fight to stay there."

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,991
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

It's things like this that bemuse me about football, it's four games in and people are talking about a title fight or even "will scrap to stay in title hunt". Far too early for comments like this for me..

I'm actually surprised by how we'll they've started, I thought they'd struggle a little.

Yet some of the results haven't been exactly impressive. It's good in one aspects that the League is a little more open, or should I say it seems. Manchester City should easily walk the league and if this was the case, I'd lose any interest in the Premiership. It had gotten a quite boring with Chelsea at the realm and other sides which pushed, my interest for Arsenal's died down a lot too.

Not quite the passing team they once were!

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,906
  • Days Won:  162

it wont last, i dont rate him as a manager and i think they rely on sturridge too much.

if he got injured, they would be in trouble.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,654
  • Days Won:  89

I do rate him as a manager, and I love the style of football he gets his team to play.

It would be nice to see them do well against teams that are spending fortunes to get up the top (City, Chelsea)

Archived