Tony's Back In Town

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,771
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Well here I am back from two weeks camping in our little camper van, the house seems enormous!

We had a lovely time, we spent some time in Wiltshire and Hampshire before catching the ferry for the Isle of Wight where we spent a week at Whitecliffe Bay a lovely spot, the weather was on the whole warm and dry apart from one night when we had a gale and lashing rain.

We took a heater with us in case we got cold at night but never used it. We did a couple of ten mile walks and some shorter ones which invariable just happened to have country pub en route so had some nice pub lunches too. Lots of real ale on the island Super_Ram:thumbsup:

After a week on the island we visited relatives before making our way home, the first thing we noticed is how much colder it is the further north we came, the IOW seems to have its own micro climate, it's a lovely place and I can heartily recommend it for a holiday.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  2,140
  • Days Won:  58

Good to have you back Tony, it's been pretty quiet round here in recent weeks what with everyone having little holidays. Now, get back to full fitness and in that starting xi! We need our main players back before we get cut adrift

Sounds like you had a nice time mate, I reckon I might be turning into a bit of a soft southerner, I tend to feel the cold quite a bit now! Island's do tend to have their own little climates don't they? Anybody ever been down here in Dorset and been over to the Isle of Portland? It's ALWAYS blowing a gale up there! Nice little football ground up there though. On a nice sunny day there cant be many nicer places to sit and watch a football match, but it's very VERY grim on a wet and cold day! I've seen both sides of the coin over there lol

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,743
  • Days Won:  3

Glad you both had a nice holiday.Super and me used to do a lot of walking but now Super pushes me everywhere and if we happen to see a pub it gives him an excuse for a rest.

• Content Count:  18,302
  • Days Won:  28

Welcome back... Are you sure you didn't plan the routes with pubs inbetween Tony. Super ram would of done :lol:

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,285
  • Days Won:  69

Of course I would :thumbsup:

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,771
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Welcome back... Are you sure you didn't plan the routes with pubs inbetween Tony. Super ram would of done :lol:

Absolutely not, it was purely coincidental. :angel:

• Content Count:  2,743
  • Days Won:  3

Mmm-No comment! :shocked: :shocked:

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,285
  • Days Won:  69

As a pig flies by!

Archived