I Only Saw Ten Minutes, But...

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  2,140
  • Days Won:  58

Today was the last induction day for my new job, and sadly I didn't finish it till half 4. Weymouth were at home and the ground is barely 5 minutes away from the offices where I did the induction, so this afternoon killed me, not being able to go.

Finally, I finished at half 4 and ran down to the ground. My mate had been texting me updates. We had dominated the first half but failed to score, and typically, the visitors - Bognor Regis Town had scored two quickfire goals midway through the second half. I didn't expect to see much but nevertheless I went in to watch the final 10 minutes.

Upon entering the stadium, I heard the Bognor fans singing away to my right, while the Weymouth fans were voicing their frustrations. Many were heading for the exits.

As I walked round the corner heading towars my spot behind the goal, I heard a cry of "go on!" - I looked up just to see the ball rolling into an unguarded net. Stewart Yetton had stolen it from Bognor's keeper and pulled us back into it.

I had just got to my spot when the ball was when on the edge of the area. The ball broke for Ben Joyce to fire past a dispearing keeper into the bottom corner to equalise for Weymouth. Out of nothing, we had pulled it out of the fire.

It ended 2-2, and we had sparred our blushes. We earned an FA Cup 2nd qualifying round replay with a side from two leagues below us. Sure, before the game a replay would have been a dissapointment but given the circumstances, it felt like a win!

I saw ten minutes but saw the best part! Someone had to save the day I guess ;)

Have to say I didn't feel sorry for those who I saw leaving as I went in though. Just goes to show - stick by your team till the bitter end, never lose faith. You never know what might happen!

UP THE TERRAS :D

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,771
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Well done you are obviously a lucky mascot, I have never left a game early and believe me I've seen some dire Notts performances.

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,285
  • Days Won:  69

Can you be at Pride Park for the last 10 minutes tonight please,Weymouth.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,654
  • Days Won:  89

I've left early once before at Notts, if memory serves me correctly, it was during Steve Thompson's era. I tell myself that's a valid excuse for anyone. :P

Did you arrive at Pride Park at half time last night,Weymouth?

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,771
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Did you arrive at Pride Park at half time last night,Weymouth?

:rollonfloorlaughing: :rollonfloorlaughing:

Please,please,Weymouth,go to Pride Park tomorrow.You can play in defense!

Archived