Match Discussion: Game 38 - The Bluebirds (A)

PON_News

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  383
  • Days Won:  8

Consistency is the key from now till the end of the season, something we have been lacking imo. I still think he maybe had enough time to keep us up last year, but the rot in the squad had probably already set in. I said at the start of this season it would be difficult, and it is. I will judge him on the whole season and what we achieve, which could still end up with promotion and a trophy, or just further disappointment. 

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,144
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

@DonnyNotts Neal Ardley does deserve some form of credit, yet the win came from the red card. There was limited chances before, the incident gave Notts a surge and we made the most of them being a man down.

Of course, Ardley did well for mixing the squad up.

I fully expected him to stick with what he believes to be the strongest squad, yet he didn't.

I also feel he wanted Notts to sit on the first half without conceding, so that some of our big hitters could impact the game which did happen. Yet it was only a small amount, as I say the biggest change was Barrow being foolish to get a man sent off. It would have been a different game completely had that not happen, so I don't think all this credit giving to Ardley is right. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy because he's had a silly amount of negative attention thrown his way but this win doesn't make up for that.

It's a good win, decent second half team performance but I do feel whatever squad we put out, Notts should be pushing to win regardless.

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  383
  • Days Won:  8

2 minutes ago, Chris said:

@DonnyNotts Neal Ardley does deserve some form of credit, yet the win came from the red card. There was limited chances before, the incident gave Notts a surge and we made the most of them being a man down.

Of course, Ardley did well for mixing the squad up.

I fully expected him to stick with what he believes to be the strongest squad, yet he didn't.

I also feel he wanted Notts to sit on the first half without conceding, so that some of our big hitters could impact the game which did happen. Yet it was only a small amount, as I say the biggest change was Barrow being foolish to get a man sent off. It would have been a different game completely had that not happen, so I don't think all this credit giving to Ardley is right. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy because he's had a silly amount of negative attention thrown his way but this win doesn't make up for that.

It's a good win, decent second half team performance but I do feel whatever squad we put out, Notts should be pushing to win regardless.

Fair comment 

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,524
  • Days Won:  9

It's just a fantastic win against the league leaders, 3 points right there that could have been 1 or less.

Good luck to Barrow with the rest of their season.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  884
  • Days Won:  1

The sending off is easily the turning point in the game, but its still a good win.

Usually Notts never takes advantage of having the extra man, they do better when we go one down but I do always feel the changes helped to bring the team into the game more. All I know is it's a fantastic three points.