- Be sure to share your views with us - by doing so you'll help support the site!
- Notts County sign Craig Mackail-Smith on loan from Wycombe
- On This Day: Notts County triumph over Ascoli at Wembley to clinch 1994-95 Anglo-Italian Cup
- ARLukomski: Notts County against Morecambe was a snoozefest
- ARLukomski: Notts County one step closer to oblivion
- ARLukomski: Notts County against Port Vale - dross all over
- Stat Attack: Notts County hope to make it four unbeaten in Port Vale fixture
- Chris Fairclough helps ex magpie defender Thierry Audel earn coaching badges
- Stat Attack: Notts County hope for joy at Tranmere Rovers
- ARLukomski: Reality check for Notts County as Newport run riot
- Jorge Grant: Did Notts County really need him?
It is very early to be grabbing for sharp objects based on form alone.The worrying aspect is how Ray and Aileen seem to have diverted from their words in the summer.At the end of season review with RM it was said many times and vehemently that 26 ( I think ? ) players in the squad and no more was the ideal set up.Quality over Quantity was the plan.The program list of players had 40 listed to my eye. It worries me that in such a short few months we are so far removed from the ideal structure that Ray and Aileen and RM were so focused on having.
Late night trip home so I haven't been able to give my thoughts yet.Basically it has all been said here already but I want to add something.The thing that really worries me about last night is that the gameplan to unravel us is very basic.Pressure our mid and defence into errors.It will take time for confidence and skill to imrpove enough to overcome those tactics and strange as it might seem we will be far better placed against the better sides than we are against dross.
Pride of Nottingham is an independent fansite devoted to Notts County, the world’s oldest league football club. Created in 2013, it has served as a source of Magpie news, features, match previews, reports, analysis and interviews for more than three years.