Trip To Wells And Beer Might Interest Super Ram

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,954
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Just got back from a pleasant little jaunt in our camper van, we went to Wells Next the Sea. We stayed at a temporary holiday site organised by the Camping and Caravanning Club which was on the sports field of a Junior School right in the middle of Wells, £9 per night.

A short walk took us down to the harbour and on the hottest day of the year yesterday we did a ten mile walk along a nature reserve to Holkham and back along the beach paddling in the sea to get our feet cooled off.  I didn't think I would be doing that a week ago when I had a bad back.

When we got back to the harbour we visited a pub (as you do) and had a pint (and a half for Mrs. H) of Adnams Ghost Ship, it was very pleasant but I noticed that it was cloudy and assumed that the cloudiness was deliberate to give it a ghostly appearance, however on returning home I have checked the internet with my friend Mr. Google and found out it should be clear. Oh well, as I say it was a pleasant enough drink with a definite strong hoppy flavour. I can only assume the cloudiness was due to the hot weather.

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,406
  • Days Won:  69

Adnams is usually a very good pint,though I',m not familiar with Ghost Ship :thumbsup: Glad you're backs ok now.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,954
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

A lot better thanks mate, fighting fit and raring to go.

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,365
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Same here.. Will have to get on with the quiz!

It sounds like you really enjoyed it Tony, I noticed the mentioning of rain but it's nice when you can make the most of it. Glad to have you back and ready to take on the first team duties again! I can't have my star players out for long.. ;)

Ps. Super Ram likes anywhere that sells Ale..

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,743
  • Days Won:  3

Glad you're fit and well again and that you  and Mrs H enjoyed your little break,Tony

icon_share.png notts-joePs. Super Ram likes anywhere that sells Ale..

Not quite true,Joe,he isn't so keen on certain beers but perks up when there's real beer available.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  2,140
  • Days Won:  58

Sounds like you had a nice time mate, glad the weather was nice for it and also glad to hear your backs OK now

Archived