Match Discussion: Game 43 - The Robins (H)

PON_News

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  18,283
  • Days Won:  80

Game 43 - The Robins (H)

Team: Altrincham

Date: 07/05/2022

Where: Meadow Lane

What line-up should Ian Burchnall opt for? What will be the key areas for the Magpies to get a victory? What do you think the final score will be?

Have your say below, join in with the Pride of Nottingham match discussion.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  368
  • Days Won:  1

IB won't have Arter to select... He's gone back after completing his short term loan... Just hope Frank Vincent gets selected now and turns in the performances we know he is capable of.... 

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,704
  • Days Won:  36

I can only see Vincent playing in a 352 @gtownjohnno. At the moment, IB seems to be leaning towards a 4231, which means he will pick Francis over him. Vincent would only play in that formation if Ruben gets injured, or in place of JOB. The issue with 4231 is that although it makes us a better attacking side, our defence is even more suspect against a physical side without 3 CBs playing.

Arter was disappointing after his first game for us, and I would not be surprised to find out that he was carrying an injury, if that was the case.

I would be sending Brunt back as well to be honest as he has also been disappointing. I'm assuming that we have kept him to cover several positions.

• Like 1

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,466
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

One point seals a place in the playoffs for Notts. We are hanging on to the home playoff spot at the moment. Ideally we need to win this game by a couple of goals. Our home form is the 3rd best in the division. We haven't been at our best in the last 2 games. A defeat at Aldershot and a 1-0 win over a poor Dover side doesn't exactly inspire confidence. Altrincham aren't great away from home but they are dangerous opponents. It will be interesting to see how they approach the game. If they try to play, Notts will win I think. If they sit back, it will be a whole different ball game. I think it will be another 1-0 win and immediately checking how Grimsby have gotten on at home to Maidenhead. It may well come down to goal difference to see who gets the home tie. 

• Like 1

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,444
  • Days Won:  287

That's the play-offs sorted then, and very nice listening it was too from my garden in Germany! And we're nearly certain to start the play-offs with a home tie, which will probably be against Grimsby. That'll be a very different game though!