Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Pride of Nottingham (Notts County Community)

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dripsey3

+Supporters
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Subscriber
Subscriber

Everything posted by Dripsey3

  1. Got there in the end. The lack of striking options is a real concern. We should have been out of sight before Grimsby scored.
  2. I wouldn't mind a cup run. This group gives us a decent chance of doing just that. Must win tonight and I think we will.
  3. A few thoughts on my first in attendance game of the season. Kanu has bags of pace and we didn't utilize it at any stage. Long ball after long ball and he lost nearly all of them. We lack a coherent plan going forward. It was better when Smyth and Longelo came on. Longelo is not aa good defender. Nesbitt strolled around him for the second goal. Embarrassing. The upcoming international break is coming at the right time. We need to reset. I'd start the team that finished the game yesterday against Grimsby.
  4. This one of those 50/50 games for me. Reading have a slight advantage as they are at home. Reading played quite well against Brentford in the League Cup. They have bought into the manager's style of play. I think our style matches up well against their style. I think it will end 2-2. I'll be in attendance. Really looking forward to it. I'm visiting Reading Abbey Ruins and the museum. The museum has a reproduction of the Bayeux Tapestry. Nice.......
  5. Well we competed well against a quality outfit at this level. There was a drop off in the second half and Bradford took advantage.
  6. Bradford should be in the promotion hunt again this season. It will be interesting to see how Notts match up against them. Bradford are a better side than Huddersfield IMO. Home advantage could be key here but the travelling support will make plenty of noise. An honourable draw I think. 1-1.
  7. A very productive afternoon in Huddersfield.
  8. I doubt either side will be sitting back in this game. It's a big test for us but one we are capable of passing. I'd settle for a point but I feel we could be very happy Saturday evening. 2-1 to Notts.
  9. A point was probably a fair result. Both sides couldn't hit the target. About 4 shots on target between the 2 sides?
  10. Players are still getting up to speed and a mid week game given our extensive injury list is not ideal. Thankfully it's a short trip. I half expected to see an ark on the pitch at Stevenage on Saturday. Doncaster did well to earn a point. There will be opportunities for us against their defence but they are dangerous on the break. I'd take a point but 3 may well be on the menu. And I got a ticket for Reading this morning so I'm happy....
  11. It's only August but winning at home against teams like Burton is a must. We still need an experienced striker and it looks like one will be brought in this week.
  12. I don't think there will be much difference between us and Burton points wise at season's end. Burton know how to survive at this level. They will be tough to beat. We know Notts will approach the game in the exact same manner as the first 2. 2-1 to Notts.
  13. I'll keep saying it.........we need a goalscorer, if we had one, we could be on 6 points right now...
  14. Luton will win the League IMO. They were 3-1 down at Reading and won 4-3. They beat Gillingham 3-0 in the League Cup. This is one of the best attacks going up against one of the best defences. Keep an eye out for Gideon Kodua. He might not start but he'll come on at some point and he'll make an impact. A point would be an excellent result. A win and we'll be dreaming of promotion! My head says 2-0 to Luton.
  15. We deserved at least a point. We knew Leicester would have plenty of possession. The defence was disciplined. The midfield got stuck in. We are severely lacking up front and that must be addressed in this transfer window. If it is, we will be fine.
  16. Any kind of positive result would be a bonus against a side who should be pushing for promotion. It's probably the best time to face them. We could catch them cold. 1-1 is my guess.
  17. I can't see us scoring too many goals but we have a decent defence. I'd take 20th right now but.....we are a decent striker away from mid table so here's hoping we get one.
  18. I think we learned a lot today. We need an experienced striker at this level. Chances will be at a premium and we need to take them. Leicester at home is something to be excited about. Can't wait...
  19. And we are back. What a Summer it has been. Civil War in FIFA. Spain dispatching an unsporting Argentina. Donald ringing Infantino. It was all happening! This is a free hit for us I feel. I'm happy we have extra time to prepare for the league because it's badly needed. I think we'll be competitive. A win would be a bonus.
  20. I know Leicester are favourites for promotion but this is a fantastic way to return to League One I reckon. Reading away will be my target if I can get a ticket. Leyton Orient away in December. I'll be taking sick days I think. I haven't had a proper Christmas since 2005 because of work. Blackpool away in April? Yes please!
  21. Excellent as always. Mason Melia has bags of potential. It makes sense to send him out on loan to a League 1 side. Mark O Mahony would be a brilliant signing. Given our style, he could easily end up with 15 to 20 goals.
  22. Ireland's first World Cup was 1990. It was our second major tournament in a row. Euro 88 was magical. England should have beat us 6-0. Instead we won 1-0. One of my favourite footballing memories. I digress....back to Italia 90...... We faced England, Netherlands and Egypt. The Dutch had knocked us out of the Euros with a bizarre goal. We knew nothing about Egypt. We knew England inside out. The England game was full of tension. There was zero chance of the English taking us lightly this time around. Gary Lineker scored a typical Lineker goal. It stayed that way until Kevin Sheedy lashed a daisy cutter into the corner of the net with 17 minutes to go. It finished 1-1. Next up was a 0-0 draw with Egypt. It was one of the worst games I have ever seen. Egypt didn't attack. Ireland didn't know what do. By the time we figured it out, time was slipping away. Brutal. Absolutely brutal. And then the Dutch again. They stood between us and the knock out stage again. Gullit scored a brilliant goal to give the Dutch the lead. Niall Quinn rescued Ireland with 20 minutes left. We were in the last 16. The Dutch got West Germany. We got a decent Romanian side who were capable of anything. It wasn't the best of games and Romania deserved to win but we managed to take it to penalties. Pat Bonner saved 1. We scored all 5. Unbelievable scenes across the country. Next up was the hosts in Rome. As per usual, Ireland raised their game against superior opposition. The Italians deserved their 1-0 win but it was a hell of a scrap. And just like that, our adventure was over but the memories live on. 24 of the best sides in the world competed in Italia 90. It was an elite competition. The current edition is the equivalent of trophies for everyone. A pat on the head for participating. A diluted competition. No thanks.
  23. Southampton just keep on digging. Their argument is yes we deliberately broke the rules but we didn't benefit from it so why are we being punished? Also that the integrity of the game was undermined, not by their cheating, but by then being punished! I expect even some Southampton supporters are embarrassed by this approach. The owners have destroyed the club's reputation.
  24. It's looking like one of the most competitive League Ones in years and that's saying something. I think we'll need 50 points+ to stay up. I'd be happy to avoid relegation. Anything else would be a bonus.
  25. Well I sat down last night and made a list of the away games I'd like to attend next year. So: Reading - You can get the Elizabeth Line from Heathrow to Reading. Ideal for my good self. Leyton Orient - A ground I'm very familiar with. Watched Notts there a few times. Oxford - I've never been to Oxford. I'd like to see the place and this is the perfect excuse. Blackpool - I was there once. I sat on the beach and watched the world go by. I'd like to do that again. My maybe would be Wigan. I like history and Wigan is interesting. My would love to but very unlikely. Exeter and Plymouth. I'd love to visit Devon. I'll try and make one home game. Sheffield Wednesday appeals to me most. Then Luton. Then Leicester. Then that small club beginning with M.....

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.