Wayne Hennesey Refuses To Play For Wolves

anonypie

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  68
  • Days Won:  0

Link  http://www.london24.com/sport/crystal-palace/crystal_palace_target_refuses_to_play_for_wolves_1_3175091

What does everyone think to this if true?  Didn't he once have a long term injury and Wolves stood by him?  Has this ever happened before, when a player linked with another club outright refused to play, or said they 'didn't want to play', before a proposed move?  I think it's outrageous.  Basically, he's refusing to work for the company that pays his wages.

Stupid too, especially with it being a televised game, where it's likely to be highly publicised.

Of course, it could simply be that he was asked whether he'd prefer not to play, and he answered honestly, 'yes'...and the media have souped it up, but even that is unacceptable in my eyes.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,991
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I recall similar things, one which rings a bell is the Dutch chap from across the river and then there was that other Premier League player who said he would refuse to play for both United and City - Yet he ended up featuring for one, whilst the other teams manager refused to play him until they needed him desperately.

I'm not sure I agree with either really, they refused a bid for him and it wasn't based on the offer. It was based on the fact they didn't want to let their No.1 go and they drop him after?

He should play but the clubs just as bad as he is.

Personally I can't see it being one sided, there's probably things going on behind the scenes and players are always missing training in this situation. I don't Kenny should be making it public either, as Wayne shouldn't either.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  1,902
  • Days Won:  17

Yeah, if he's refusing to play for the club paying his wages, in the "Real World" he'd be sacked! And it aint so easy out there in the jobs market!

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,290
  • Days Won:  69

I would like to know the actual facts here.If he is refusing point blank to play for Wolves ,who he is at this moment contracted to,because of a proposed move ,then this is totally unacceptable.It could however be misreporting!I await further developments.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,905
  • Days Won:  162

no, he should play regardless. who would take him on after refusing to play?

surely a logic manager would have concerns, not professional and should face a penalty from the football league for refusing to play. i would heavily fine him!

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,991
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Someone would be most likely to take him on, though I don't think fining him straight away would be the way to resolve it.

Wolves need to try coming to some sort of agreement with him, mind you he should see this as his chance to gain first team football and I am sure he could play out his contract. If he doesn't want to, perhaps he should consider trying to buy it out?

Archived