Lucien Mahovo signs 3 year contract

Piethagoram

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,924
  • Days Won:  162

we need to start giving the young pros chance to develop into what we need, pleased for him but i suspect i will be disappointed by the end of the season,

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,139
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Very heavy touches from him in the Alfreton game if I am not mistaken, but his presence was decent.

Youngers do need to find themselves as part of our plans, even if It's just for cover.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,062
  • Days Won:  54

There’s obviously reasoning and logic to him changing positions but it’s really fascinating that he’s recently switched from a winger to CB, that is a massive change. I don’t expect him to come into the team this season, only 17 and it’s a season with a lot at stake. A loan after Christmas might not be a bad option. Still a lot of time for him to improve and eventually make an impact.

On the topic of the academy there has been an issue the lack of youth progression to the first team. Although I’m hopeful Tiernan and Luther might just buck that trend. I get that it’s not something you can fix overnight and I’m sure the club are looking to improve in this area. I’d be interested to know how many players we lose to other academies as it can’t be easy competing with the likes of Forest. And anytime we actually have a decent prospect like Bearne, Dongda and Etete they’re off before they even get a chance for us! Totally unfair in my opinion.