Tom Williams analysis Notts v Barnet

Piethagoram

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,139
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

It was clear as day Notts were being pressed back, as in the first half there were times when Barnet didn't even keep a defender back - just their keeper. It's something that very few teams can maintain for 90 minutes; only top elite teams can.

Their gameplay was to peg us back and to get a second, which is why they started making changes before we scored.

Their manager could see the balance shifting, so he added pace, which is something that we struggle with a fair bit. Yet when Jodi Jones came on, they found it a lot more difficult to break us down via that side. Hence, why I didn't think Adebayo-Rowling did anything but above average in terms of performance. Certainly no better than Palmer.

For us to adjust to how Barnet were playing, we would have had to either break through with a goal which would've forced them to change their plans, get a different player on or stop rushing our play.

• Like 1

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,461
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

There was a spell in the first half around the 10 minutes mark where Notts found a few chances to get on top, but Barnet managed to ride that wave. I have to say, I thought we attacked with more threat than they did. They looked like a side that wouldn't score from open play. All their threats came from pressuring us into mistakes, which Aden Baldwin had a dire time in the first 45 minutes.

Cut out the backward passing, move and pass forward like we can. Barnet would not have handled us.

I don't like how tippy tappy we can be when we are trying to open up the opposition, It's why I think we miss a player like Cal Roberts. Ruben Rodrigues plays like king pin under these circumstances.

• Like 1

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,923
  • Days Won:  162

tom speaks a lot of sense but just like tv pundits, its just their opinion but i think it does highlight some of the best bits of notts play and how defensively we need to be aware of the opposition.