Magic Of The Cup

Chris

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,991
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Bournemouth fans have raised almost £3,000 to help Burton supporters travel to their re-arranged FA Cup tie.

The original game was called off just an hour before kick-off, leaving around 200 away supporters having made a fruitless 300-mile round trip.

Bournemouth fan David Whitehead set up a fundraising page after recalling the generosity shown by Burton supporters when Cherries fans celebrated promotion from League Two at Burton’s Pirelli Stadium in 2010.

Link

I like when teams and fans (especially) can put a-side rivalry and the negative side to our passionate sport, by doing something graceful and very kind. Bournemouth fans have done a very grand gesture here!

Credit to them

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,743
  • Days Won:  3

A brilliant gesture by Cherries fans.I bet this doesn't get as much publicity as hooliganism does though.

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,290
  • Days Won:  69

Very nice to read of decent fans and not idiots.Opposition fans can get on together as this site proves.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,991
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

It isn't half annoying having spent x amount to get to games only for them to be called off, as @weymouthPIE only knows to well about. The Football League was on about making home teams contribute or pay for the away games, my facts might be a little off here but I think it's something the F.A/Football League should structure and finance.

Personally I don't see why clubs should be punished further from having games postponed but traveling fans (home or away) could do with gestures like this to help soften the blow.

Great work by Bournemouth fans!

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,905
  • Days Won:  162

this is really good to read! i think its nice to see a club do this, it makes the fa cup a little more like what it used to be but i dont agree with the media that its a former glory cup. its still great, just a little spoiled atm.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,333
  • Days Won:  11

Wow. This is the kind of thing that should be shouted from the rooftops. But we're just sheep that the authorities think can sheer (no pun intended ram).

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  2,140
  • Days Won:  58

Don't speak to me about postponments. We spent £80 on train tickets to get to Portsmouth last January. The pitch was passed playable at half ten, yet just as get got into the car park the ref was making another inspection, and only then did he decide to call the game off - this at 1:45pm! Best bit was the steward said that at half ten the ref had said that unless the rain eased up the game wouldn't be on. How hard would it have been to look at the weather forecast, see that the rain was only going to get worse, and make the decision there and then to save people making it all the way down to Portsmouth?

Spent £80 just to have a burger and sit on trains for the day!

Can you tell that day still angers me? :lol:

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  627

That's awesome. Didn't another team get tickets to another game recently from the home team's chairman due to the postponements too?

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  2,140
  • Days Won:  58

That's awesome. Didn't another team get tickets to another game recently from the home team's chairman due to the postponements too?

Accrington Stanley manager and former Southampton player James Beattie gave free tickets to their fans last weekend to see Saints v Burnley.Stanley were meant to be away to Pompey

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  627

Accrington Stanley manager and former Southampton player James Beattie gave free tickets to their fans last weekend to see Saints v Burnley.Stanley were meant to be away to Pompey

I like Accrington Stanley as I enjoyed it when their ultras came down to Meadow Lane. Good to see a set of fans having fun (Even when we beat them 4-1).

Good on the manager and Beattie.

Archived