Luke Williams : Notts v Woking

Piethagoram

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  13,083
  • Days Won:  162

fair comments, but i dont get why he switched jodi jones and adam chicksen.

its a bit harsh that he asked the players if they wanted to grow up just because of a poor half, one thing that is apparent and i love williams but he does not take his share of the blame. i agree that the players needs to give the best attitude and sam austin has been brilliant.

the wrexham result can go down to multiple reasons, even williams made mistakes. he did not adapt to their play, he left making changes quite late. his selection was probably the most questionable. i get that hes trying to drive the players forward but the whole feeling sorry for themselves is not the right way imo to go about it. its not the time in the season for him to critical, its the time for him to be passionate and lead by example. not to find excuses himself or to outright blame the players for being sorry for themselves.

its also quite big headed of him to speak about doing an interview that the players want him to do, i think hes being too harsh.

• Like 2

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  3,557
  • Days Won:  9

I believed that the game was a typical match for a team that had narrowly lost in a significant game previously. The first half had good spells, and Woking was about the same as us in the first 45 minutes. Chicksen is not a right-sided player, so it is reasonable to point out William's decisions. We have won games in the final moments of games, which he was delighted with, games that we could have lost or drawn. We scored three superb goals and found the play, and he appears very unhappy. My conclusion is that he is the one still hurting from the Wrexham defeat.

• Like 2

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,789
  • Days Won:  27

I actually think he's just testing the players. You know, when the teacher at school realises that to get the full potential out of you, they have to change their approach. At first, it seems just out of spite or meanness, but it's just to get you to fulfil your potential. I think Williams is probably worried we may become too complacent.

• Like 3

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,368
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

It does come across as quite childish from Luke Williams, to openly say in a post-match press report that he gave the players the ultimatum. Whichever he's going to say excuses or give a good reflection on the team's performance. I also get what @liampie is saying.

I do think it's for a reaction, but these types of things can be created destructive.

I thought both teams were quite poor, but the better chances did come to Notts who forced some awkward saves from their Keeper.

It's hard to say if this approach is a good thing all round, but something should remain between manager and players. I personally feel that a manager should protect his players to a degree and not show frustration because the first 45 minutes wasn't quite up to scratch. @CliftonMagpie might be right that he's annoyed about the Wrexham defeat, maybe he's actually just trying to play mind games. I don't know, I didn't like some of what he said. I thought he could've avoided it and, then, it would have been more balanced.

• Like 1

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,966
  • Days Won:  5

I believe that Luke Williams is beginning to feel the pressure. This is likely due to fans who claim that our season will have been a failure if the club is not promoted this time. This seems to be causing Williams to feel more pressure in his approach. I appreciate his honesty and his passionate manner of speaking, but I think he made some mistakes in what he said after the game.

• Like 1

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  912
  • Days Won:  2

I don’t think we can be too harsh on the players for the first 45 minutes, while it is important to set realistic expectations. I felt more let down by the performance against Wrexham than I did by the game against Woking. In my opinion, the first 45 minutes yesterday were far better than the first 60 minutes against Wrexham.

• Like 2

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,519
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

He didn’t seem his usual cheerful self. I enjoy his interviews because he leaves everything open. While I understand the opinions expressed above mine, I don’t think there’s any need to be overly critical. Williams has always spoken like a fan and, while he may not worry about fixtures being changed, kick-off times or talk of promotion, he clearly cares about the club.

• Content Count:  916
  • Days Won:  3

I believe that Luke Williams comprehends that players must occasionally react to severe language, and if it brings out the best in them, it demonstrates his wisdom. I trust it proves effective!

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,514
  • Days Won:  15

It sounds like a manager that is exasperated and hoping to provoke a response from the players. I concur that some of his remarks may have been better left unsaid, but we must consider that emotions were likely at play. Luke Williams is not a dreadful person; he speaks candidly, and I believe that sometimes, when searching for the right words to say, the message can become muddled in translation from thought to speech. He probably didn't intend for some parts of his statement to sound the way they did.

• Content Count:  702
  • Days Won:  0

I'm not entirely sure what to think of the entire interview. I understand why some aspects have been criticised, but at present, the emphasis should be on the next game. We must observe how the players react to the comments and assess their performance on the pitch.

• Content Count:  751
  • Days Won:  2

I only feel disappointed with managers when they publicly name the players they are criticizing. Luke Williams is seeking a response, and that is why many managers have different styles. You have to trust their judgement and hope for the best.