Weekend plans 23rd-25th June

Supporter+

So is anyone doing anything exciting this weekend? After a week of birthday celebrations, a night in a hotel in Buxton, several meals out and pub visits etc., this weekend will be quiet for me. Although having said that our son and family are coming on Saturday and we are doing a bbq, I want to try “beer can chicken” apparently you stick half a can of beer up the chickens rear end and stand it up on the bbq, the beer marinades the inside of the chicken and makes it nice and moist as it cooks. It’ll probably be a disaster. 😂

I’ll do another 5k park run first though so I can have a few pints with the bbq.

Sunday nothing planned so far.

• Like 9
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

I’m spending the weekend at my parents’ house. I will head back to Manchester on Sunday evening, but I’ll be driven up by my dad who has kindly offered. I came down by train though. I am looking forward to having some nice meals, catching up and just taking the days as they come. On Sunday, my mum wants us to go round to see some other family members before I go back. I am very much looking forward to another family meal together with everyone.

• Like 8
  • Love 2

What did that poor chicken do to you, @Fan of Big Tone? 😂 West Park again for your 5k jog?

@TheSkipper It sounds like you are going to have a nice cosy weekend, mate. Enjoy spending time with your folks because those are the times you make memories.

I have no plans whatsoever, I have been trying to coax @cheeky~k8 into doing something as a family with the birthday money I got. I wasn't that bothered about it, but since @super_ram sent it over - I feel something for the family would be nice. I pitched a picnic at Wollaton or High Fields. I suggested going to the cinema, nope. Super is away for the weekend too, so it's doubtful I will get to see him.

I'm glad he's getting out, but I will miss him.

Sunday, I may talk Jake into going for a walk with me. I don't think my brother is very interested in walking together, partly due to the forecasts and maybe because he's just busy. I'm sure I'll find something productive to do.

• Like 7
  • Love 2

I finish work at 9am. I’m pulling a double shift today. The graveyard shifts can be very boring. As I have mentioned, when I do my rounds it can be quite eerie and you have to be quite focused because the slightest sound can make you a bit paranoid if you don’t.

On Sunday, I will be sleeping and enjoying a day where I have zero to do. I will probably sit and watch TV after I rest. I am one of those people who are in a routine.

• Like 8

My neighbours are keeping my spirits up, as they seem to be able to read my mind. I might come across as grumpy or unappreciative, but I am a stubborn fool who wants to have independence. Due to the pain and medication, at the moment to get around I need to be in a wheelchair.

I will be spending the weekend with my lovely neighbours. They plan to take me to a community garden on the outskirts of Houston. I have promised to buy them all desserts at an ice cream parlour, but we haven’t quite decided on which one. I hope everyone has a nice weekend. It’s nice to see what others are getting up to.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

Supporter+
7 hours ago, Chris said:

West Park again for your 5k jog?

Yes back to West Park after going to a different one last week, I like west park as it’s nice and flat.

• Like 3

Supporter+

We had a lovely bbq this afternoon, although the chicken didn’t quite work out as planned and had to be finished in the oven, burgers and kebabs were good though. It was great to get the family together.

• Like 6

I don’t mind warm weather, but it does limit what I would do when it’s like today. A group of friends invited me out for drinks, but I cannot be bothered with that. I’ve been enjoying a movie marathon at home, with the windows open, fans on and snacks and ice cream at the ready.

• Like 6

Yesterday, I fetched my weekly shopping and sat in the garden after enjoying the weather with a few cold cans. Today, I had a walk along the River Trent and did a bit of window shopping in town. This afternoon, I have listened to some music and watched the rain fall. It’s almost like April showers.

• Like 4

On Saturday, I spent most of the day out with friends. We went for a walk, talked, did some shopping and had something to eat together. Today, however, I didn’t feel that great so I stayed at home and rested in order to be fully recovered for work tomorrow. I quite liked the showers as they temporarily cooled things down.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Yesterday was just a case of having a trip to B&Q for some sand and cement as I’m laying some ground drainage around my conservatory. Followed that up with the weekend shop and the managed to get a game of golf in in the afternoon.

Went to the Derbyshire County show today at Elvaston, absolute scorcher and came back with a nice bit of sunburn. Highlight of the day was seeing Kaleb Cooper from Clarkson’s Farm, absolute gent and has a great work ethic which leaves you in no doubt that TV gets in the way of what he enjoys most. He set a great example to the kids there and genuinely looked pleased to meet people.

Got to admit though, both the Nottinghamshire County show and the Ploughing match knock spots off the show as a day out, they’re far superior.

• Like 3

Had sinus pain (a.k.a pains in the back of my head but not headaches). Fluctuating body temperature. Cool one moment and then I put my shirt on for 2 minutes and I'm like a human sauna. Aches in my arms and legs leaving me with low energy which have since gone. Let's just say the bin in my room has had an uptake in tissues. 

• Sad 3

Supporter+

@ARLukomski that sounds nasty, hope you’re feeling better soon.

• Like 3

My parents own a caravan in Skegness, so they took me there again for the weekend. On the first day, we went to a pub in Ingoldmells called The Ship. My mum looked around the shops and I made my way down to near Fantasy Island. I went into a few of the arcades. Then we went into Skegness itself and went onto the beach. It wasn’t that bad there - we did get a bit of rain and thunder. On Sunday, we went for something to eat at the Lumley pub. I went into the pier arcade, went on two-pence pushers and a few machines. We walked around the lake, then had fish and chips before we went home.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Supporter+
1 hour ago, Joshua said:

On the first day, we went to a pub in Ingoldmells called The Ship.

That brought back a memory, my brother used to be a regular at The Ship, he lived in a static home nearby until he died.

• Like 2

On 26/06/2023 at 16:29, Joshua said:

My parents own a caravan in Skegness, so they took me there again for the weekend. On the first day, we went to a pub in Ingoldmells called The Ship. My mum looked around the shops and I made my way down to near Fantasy Island. I went into a few of the arcades. Then we went into Skegness itself and went onto the beach. It wasn’t that bad there - we did get a bit of rain and thunder. On Sunday, we went for something to eat at the Lumley pub. I went into the pier arcade, went on two-pence pushers and a few machines. We walked around the lake, then had fish and chips before we went home.

That brought back a few memories. We used to go in The Ship at Ingoldmells. @GrannyPie liked their Fish Pie.We usually called in The Lumley too while on holiday and Wolfies and The Seaview and Cheers etc ,etc

On 24/06/2023 at 00:17, Chris said:

What did that poor chicken do to you, @Fan of Big Tone? 😂 West Park again for your 5k jog?

@TheSkipper It sounds like you are going to have a nice cosy weekend, mate. Enjoy spending time with your folks because those are the times you make memories.

I have no plans whatsoever, I have been trying to coax @cheeky~k8 into doing something as a family with the birthday money I got. I wasn't that bothered about it, but since @super_ram sent it over - I feel something for the family would be nice. I pitched a picnic at Wollaton or High Fields. I suggested going to the cinema, nope. Super is away for the weekend too, so it's doubtful I will get to see him.

I'm glad he's getting out, but I will miss him.

Yes,I went to Mickleover for the weekend.I took up an invitation from my old Rams mate Ken's widow,Kath and their son Andrew.I was friends with Ken since the late 60's ,he sadly passed away 5 years ago but I've kept kept in touch with the family. Me and Ken used to meet up with other mates before Rams home games.The 2 of us ,sometimes with others, also attended a few away  games each year.When Andrew was a baby I would sometimes babysit and later  his sister,Hazel ,too when no other sitters weren't available. @GrannyPie accompanied me in the early 70's.We sometimes all went out together.Saturday morning Hazel and her son,Craig,came round to see me and we all spent the morning  reminiscing and laughing.Hazel will be 50 later this year.

I also went to a 60's/70's night at Mickleover British Legion featuring a group called Rock-it.They played a very varied selection of hits from way back and were better than I expected them to be.It's not very often I go somewhere nowadays and I'm one of the younger ones present.It was great seeing the old codgers enjoying themselves,singing and abandoning walking sticks to dance. A really enjoyable night.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Supporter+

Pleased to hear you are getting out and about @super_ram but be careful dancing to rock songs you’re not as young as you used to be, you don’t want to pop a hip out of joint. :rollonfloorlaughing:

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

Pleased to hear you are getting out and about @super_ram but be careful dancing to rock songs you’re not as young as you used to be, you don’t want to pop a hip out of joint. :rollonfloorlaughing:

I wasn't dancing  @Fan of Big Tone,for a start it was quite warm ,even with air conditioning.It was a bit surreal people watching. The same people who shuffled in earlier were jumping about  like teenagers later on.They were all enjoying themselves though.Brilliant.

• Haha 1

@super_ram glad you are getting out and having fun, dont forget to spend as much time with your 6 awesome grand children. you all going out from time to time will help the healing. when my family members have passed, we all get together and go for a pub meal and sometimes we just have them over and cook something.

i am glad you got to do something fun and different.

• Love 1