Scouting Dossier : Notts v Accrington

Piethagoram

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,785
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tommy_Leigh_(footballer,_born_2000)

Tommy Leigh signed from Bognor Regis Town

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shaun_Whalley

Delivers a good ball in. Always impressed when I have seen him play

• Like 2

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,007
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I thought Josh Andrews did well, although he did show some poor finishing. I put that down to him rushing due to the opportunity decreasing with how our players would quickly get into position with what chances he did get. His goal, an excellent showcase of his ability to know where the goal is.

Shaun Whalley is a good player but unfortunately, well past his best now.

At 36-years-old, I would be surprised if he didn't retire with them now. Andrews is only 21, on loan from Birmingham and is highly rated amongst their setup. He just needs to work on his shooting, but as we have seen strikers enjoy plenty of good chances and at Notts, he would get them. I said to @super_pie, that he would make a great option to come on from off the bench or just when we need someone to hold the ball up. With his towering height, he would be a force to be reckoned with when it comes to receiving our accurate crosses, transforming into a true target man.

• Love 2

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,733
  • Days Won:  27

I agree with @Chris; Josh Andrews looked like a lively threat, and he’s still young enough to improve. Birmingham will probably get rid of him at the end of this season or after the next campaign.

• Like 1

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,921
  • Days Won:  162

all were average imo, they had a lot of height but little direction or creativity on goal. at the moment, i dont consider notts to be one of the best defences and whilst i do believe they are a good squad. a better team would have made it harder for us.

i dont even rate josh andrews. i thought he was pretty shocking with how poor he was on goal.

but this is one game, they may perform better in others but i am basing my comment on our recent game against them.