Notts County Vs Walsall Fc

Chris

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,406
  • Days Won:  69

Very true @anonypie.Has David Moyes suddenly become a bad manager?I don't think so.It takes time for a new manager to make a difference.Sometimes a team's performances take a dramatic improvement when a new manager arrives.I should know -look what happened at Derby when Steve Mc arrived.It wasn't the same when Brian Clough arrived though,.In fact after one season at Derby he  finished one place lower in the league than the previous season but as a fan I could see that the team was getting better,much better,even if the results weren't.SD came to Notts with a hell of a job to do.Most members on this site, at the beginning of the season, predicted a top 10 finish at the very least,so what's gone wrong?Bad referees,bad luck,injuries.No,it's mostly down to the players.How man times have I come on here and members have criticised the lack of effort  and commitment from the players?Before SD arrived it was almost every game.You/we can only hope that last Saturday was just a huge blip and that the optimism that was apparent before that game returns sooner rather than later!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  486
  • Days Won:  3

Super Ram & Anony have got it right IMO.

Derry looks to be a shrewd dude and I suspect that we will be sterner and more compact against Preston. They outmuscled us earlier this season, they were 4th in the table but looked very uninspiring, particularly compared to Walsall.

We need some resolve and all that "togetherness" that keeps getting mentioned if we are to get anything out of this game. Somehow, I just feel that we will give it a good go but a lack of fire power is still, ultimately, going to cost us. If McGregor doesn't score we are generally in trouble, Posh apart it would seem. I'd like to see Ball on from the start and save Grealish for the latter stages, when he's fresh and not been kicked all over the oche for an hour.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,588
  • Days Won:  22

SD has to be judged on players he brings in, not the dross that CK got in. He's doing well with a bad bunch IMO.

I agree, he should be judged over the WHOLE of next season, this season is about staying up by any available means.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,667
  • Days Won:  89

It is also nice to see all the dead wood leaving.

It makes a mockery of thme previous managers recruitment process at how little these players contributed to the season.

• Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

It is also nice to see all the dead wood leaving.

It makes a mockery of thme previous managers recruitment process at how little these players contributed to the season.

This is vital to show how the club is moving forwards. We all know lots of them played badly on saturday, but who can step up instead? Not alot of choices to be fair so SD and GA need to work with what they've got for the moment. The dead wages are being moved on so hopefully Ray will be able to fund a couple of signings in the summer to strengthen as SD sees fit.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  627
  • Days Won:  11

To top it all off, Fabian Brandy is in EA's "Team of the Week" on ultimate team, meaning he has a special version of his card with improved stats that people can collect

• Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

To top it all off, Fabian Brandy is in EA's "Team of the Week" on ultimate team, meaning he has a special version of his card with improved stats that people can collect

:)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)

Archived