• 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

• Like 2
  • Love 3

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,007
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I missed the chance to celebrate our promotion with fans, although I did have the pleasure to speak to Luke Williams once. He was very kind. I had done a portrait of him prior to Wembley and had been trying to give him a copy.

He was just as he comes across in the press conferences, I didn't have his print, but I showed him what it looked like via my phone.

It impressed me how down to earth he was, as I could tell he realised how nervous I felt and the way he spoke to me helped settle that. Funnily enough, I strolled through Messenger and the conversation I had with @Ryan Raynor. He noticed all the player prints I had made and asked about each one, if the players had seen them etc. I actually did my best to scroll through it as fast as I could, as I knew the last image was the portrait I did of him.

He told me to go back to the reception in the future and ask for him, however, I never did because that felt too much of a bother. I don't like feeling like I am bothering people, but I felt so proud by his reaction.

Hopefully, whoever comes in next will have a similar approach to fans.

I really enjoy listening to the way Luke Williams speaks in his interviews; he always came across as detailed and insightful.

• Love 7

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  92
  • Days Won:  1

A huge thank you to Luke. It has been fantastic to watch Notts play under his leadership. I wish him the very best of luck.

• Like 5

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,921
  • Days Won:  162

how enjoyable did listening to the manager become under luke williams?

kevin nolan, harry kewell, neal ardley, ian burchnall all had their own ways of talking, some of which seemed more about themselves than the club. i really disliked litening to kewell because he came across a bit arrogant and like the problems we faced was our issue not his as the manager. none of this negative stuff can across with williams, he owned his mistakes and he took account of everything.

his style if a rare insight into football and i think you could ask him anything related to football, to which he would give a response fans would be happy with.

its been a great journey with him, i am saddened to see him leave us. 😢

• Like 5

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,515
  • Days Won:  166

Supporter+

@liampie Luke became very emotional when he talked about his relationship with Jason Turner.

Luke had nothing but good words to say about the club and his last words to a question to him about what advice he'd give to his successor and he replied by asking a new Head Coach to look after the people at Notts.

That's leadership for you.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Supporter+

Thanks for the Memory Luke.

Now we at Notts turn the page to a new chapter in our great history.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  81
  • Days Won:  4

Losing a rising star like Luke Williams is going to leave a mark. The guy’s got a way with words that makes most family dinners look like awkward silences. But sometimes, you’ve got to let go to move forward. Better things are on the horizon for Notts. Alexander and Christoffer Reedtz? Class acts. They get that football is about putting on a show for you folks.

Change can be a tough pill to swallow, but don’t let it throw you off your game. Grab it by the horns and embrace the thrill of rallying behind a new head coach. As for Williams, he’s one of those people you just enjoy being around. And I’ve got a hunch that Notts County will always hold a special place in his heart.

Here’s to the journey ahead, Notts fans. Buckle up.

• Like 1
  • Love 4

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

It's always sad to see a good manager leave; it's the end of an era, but Luke Williams remarkably led us to promotion. It was one of the best seasons we have experienced in many years. He regrouped his squad and led them to the top half of League Two. It's great to see so many young fans experiencing promotion for the first time, and the best part is that it doesn't seem to be the end. I thank Luke Williams for all he's done and his efforts in connecting with our fans.

• Love 1

Supporter+

Really nice post @AmericanPie. Total agree with you. Luke got us back to the EFL and he will always be remembered for doing so.