form and how it can turn seasons around

liampie

there is not a single issue happening at notts right now, its more a collective of problems which could have been avoided but has turned into a giant mole in. i dont think stuart maynard is much responsible for the current poor form, i dont think luke williams would have done much better. the shine has gone off this season, there is little for the players to fight for and morale in the camp is clearly at the lowest since the reedtz brothers arrived. its not the end of the world to be average, i dont complain that we are not in a promotion race. i am concerned that we cant seem to win games but again this is less maynard but the players themselves.

have the players stopped fighting for the highest possible finish? maybe the enjoyment has burst and its become mundane for them? or could they be going through the motion in an endless loop of little sign of getting back to better form?

the weirdest thing right now is how much better we look away from home compared to the last handful of games at meadow lane. what do you think can turn the season around? what can help our form? simply a few back to back wins? i am very curious to explore this.

• Like 2

Well liampie for what it's worth here's my two pennies worth.  Not only as Stuart Maynard got to get the team winning again, But He As To Lay The Ghost of Luke Williams. What I mean by that is Williams achieved almost iconic status at Meadow Lane, his man management skills were second to none, the impact he had on the Players and Fans alike was truly remarkable. He also got the Magpies Promoted back to the EFL and then coached them into the upper reaches of League 2 and at one time Notts were Top. That is one hell of a Burden for any incoming coach let along a guy, who just undertook his first steps into  Professional game management.

It would appear that to some Fans that Luke Williams could do No Wrong, it is only the seasoned Notts Fans who noticed the flaws in Williams coaching ability, the way the Magpies shipped goals, his point blank refusal to change things, his continual hope that if Notts had three goals scored against them, the Notts forwards would score four, it was all wrong and results like the home match against Mansfield showed the inadequate game plan which he had.

It is also true the players have nothing to fight for this season, where as last season Notts were in the title fight to the Death. Does that mean the players have come discouraged?  And have they adopted a couldn't careless attitude, if that is the case, these players need rooting out and dropping, because there is nothing worse than a divided dressing room and someone upsetting the  balance. Stuart Maynard needs to stamp his authority on the Squad, he is the man in charge and the players need to know it. Notts may not make the playoffs but the players have a responsibility to Us The Paying Fans, to do their best every time they cross that white Line. Play your best for the Fans the Badge the Shirt and Club. 

• Like 1

I believe the Notts players have everything to fight for this season.

1) They have to fight for the fans, the Head Coach, themselves, their reputation and last but not least, the club.

2)They have already scored 66 goals in this league which is joint second best. They can still go for a very high number in the last 13 matches.

3)By winning tonight they can technically make Notts safe from the drop.

4) A play off place is still achievable if they put a run together, support Stuart and just play how Stuart wants them to play. For each other.

The fans have a vital role to play tonight too.

• Like 1