Sven's last stand

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,500
  • Days Won:  287

With football it's often easy to lose your sense of perspective. Our former DoF Sven-Göran Eriksson only has months left to live because of cancer, and at the weekend he got to realise a lifetime's ambition by leading out Liverpool at Anfield - a wonderful and touching gesture from all concerned. And how nice it is to see him smiling like that too.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2024/mar/23/sven-goran-eriksson-savours-huge-memory-in-life-at-liverpool

• Like 5

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,406
  • Days Won:  69

I saw the tv reporting of this and felt very moved by Sven's appearance on the screen. An inspiration to us all.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,110
  • Days Won:  54

Yes, I saw this too, glad he got to live out a lifelong dream and have one last great memory to cherish. And whilst it's hard to come to terms with for him and his family and at least he can look back on a life filled with great moments and achievements. Too many have gone far too young suffering from this horrible disease.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  194
  • Days Won:  0

I didn’t realise that Sven was a Liverpool supporter. Out of all the teams he could have managed, Liverpool didn’t come to mind. It’s lovely to see such an uplifting story that brings a smile to someone who has contributed so much to football. It would be truly special if all of his former clubs united to honour his memory.

• Like 4

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,966
  • Days Won:  5

This is a positive development that demonstrates the unity found in sports, not just football. It’s truly extraordinary to give Sven the opportunity to lead the team he supports.

• Like 3

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  13,079
  • Days Won:  162

it horrible to see how his illness is taking its toll on him, he does not look well and his face is unfortunately showing signs of how unwell he is. its very saddening but this was a real nice thing to see. i wish sven many more happy days and hope he continues to make what time he has matter. its a reminder that we all need to make the most of our lives. i am very humbled by how brave he is.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  389
  • Days Won:  0

Sven is a very brave man who should be remembered for his contributions and kindness. As for us Notts fans, we will be forever in his debt for all he did.

• Like 1