Match Discussion: Game 41 - The Robins (A)

PON_News

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,404
  • Days Won:  194
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

Another defensive mistake gives Swindon their second goal 2:0.

This is now getting very embarrassing for Notts.

Jatta on after 77 minutes when he should have been on from the start 

And Maynard takes Jones off for Randall. You can't make it up 

• Like 1

Supporter+

Why didn't he play Jatta from the start?

• Like 1

Supporter+

Another loss under Stuart Maynard. Just 2 wins in 13. Nine defeats in those matches. Failed to adapt to the conditions. Obstinate Notts just want to pass around even when the pitch doesn't suit that play. 

When we got a cross into the box we scored through Jatta who should have been on from the start.

Absolute bizarre team selection once again.

Mark Stallard. The change in Notts over the season unbelievable.

• Like 1

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,111
  • Days Won:  54

I had a horrible feeling about the game. Two sides in poor form going toe-to-toe and we just gave Swindon the easiest win they've had all season. It was painful viewing, the continuation of the defensive howlers is now combined with possession for the sake of having possession. That's the complete opposite of what this team used to be. At least if we'd attacked, created a load of chances and drawn 2-2 there'd have been some glimmer of hope but we just passed the ball slowly like we were trying to put the Swindon players to sleep. It's criminal we didn’t make a poor Swindon team defend, their defenders didn’t have to run or worry about balls in behind because we just played the game out in front of them. I would really like to know what were we trying to do, because I couldn’t see it.

Swindon only made 150 passes all game, that is bad for a professional football club, but what’s even worse was we made over 600, had 75% possession and managed to have less shots then them! I get we’ve had defensive issues all season but out attacking threat and incisive, pro-active football has just gone. We don’t defend well and after that, we don’t attack well either.

I know it's Easter and Jesus dying and coming back to life was considered a miracle, but I'll tell you what will be more impressive us putting in good performance and getting a win against MK Dons!

Edited by menzinho
  • Like 4

Supporter+

@menzinho. @Wheelbarrow repair man

A few months ago we had the best attacking force in the league, and we were told that a few tweaks here and there were going to fix the defensive frailties, but what those tweaks have actually done is to reduced our attacking prowess big time.

Macaulay looks a shadow of the player he was, and Didzy looks tired and much less effective than he was at the beginning of the season 

Jatta gives us a fresh outlet and he will score goals for us if we give hime the right service, he did it again today, but Notts have to be able to adapt to the conditions, the pitch, and the opposition, by playing more direct and mixing things up.

Today Notts just looked tired, and thoroughly predictable with Swindon just employing the press and waiting for those defensive mistakes which we duly obliged.

Swindon didn't have to work too hard at all. With less than a third number of passes than us they scored 2 goals, hit the bar, and had several shots on goal.

Our possession based football is simply NOT working. Things need to change and that begins at the top.

• Like 1

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,480
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

Swindon can't defend crosses. Our best header of a ball sits on the bench for 77 minutes. Comes on, scores from a header. Taking off the most creative option we have. Mind boggling. Taxi for SM I'm afraid. 

• Like 2

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,712
  • Days Won:  36

Maynard has destroyed our attackers and actually done the impossible, he has made the defence worse.
If a question of sport was still on, Notts could fill a whole series with “what happens next”. The side has become a laughing stock of the league and they’re really not trying to do anything to address it.

It would be nice for our Chief Exec to actually open his office door, and watch what is happening. We have heard nothing from him in months but I bet we will when it comes to the club wanting us to renew our season tickets!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  13,082
  • Days Won:  162

its all confidence at this stage and the fact the season is one we must grind out, i see errors and issues happening. i still dont blame stuart maynard, the players cant help themselves and until we have the time to really strengthen and sort out some of the obvious gaps then things are what they are. its really disappointing to see some fans, a very small minority seem to take joy at away games that we are so poor. maybe its their way of coping but its just hostile and very atmosphere ruining to hear silly comments throughout a game. I enjoyed the game itself more than hearing them.

the goals we gave away were extremely poor, i dont think we should be too harsh on scott robertson because hes still young and has largely done well.

if we were winning people would be overlooking some of these mistakes and the majority i think would be less critical, its a real shame how this season has ended up but sometimes it happens when you realise you are not good enough for the higher end. the fact some people still believe we should be we are good enough for promotion to league one, but say we are rubbish makes me want to pull my hair out.

we are not ready, there is a chance we could have been but not since luke williams left and even then we seemed to coasting out of the frame of it.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  159
  • Days Won:  3

Good evening,

Hope you are all well.

I thought your away following was excellent yesterday but you were given little to enthuse over. It made me smile when your were cheering back passes to your own keeper culminating in our second goal.

Previous post mentions Scott Robertson who seemed to just run around whilst in posession without any real purpose. Generally sideways and back. We have been playing like that for seasons ironically starting under Luke Williams.

Our demise this season began at Meadow Lane when our then manager "bigged" you up so much that our unbeaten start would inevitably end. We have sunk slowly to what is probably going to be our lowest ever league finish.

Having said that we put together our best team performance for ages yesterday but you still showed up our frailties and could (should?) easily have got something from the match.

It is what it is and let's all hope for better times next season.

Best wishes,

Mickey

• Like 2
  • Love 1