Forest statement

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,954
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I think Forest could be in trouble over this, how unprofessional.

IMG_5944.jpeg

• Like 2

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,404
  • Days Won:  194
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

Absolutely unprecedented statement from a Football Club.

I don't believe they should have tweeted it but there has been problems with VAR from the getgo.

Like you said @Fan of Big Tone there may be a massive fine coming, but there has been so many VAR mistakes this season one can understand the frustration. What next, a statement from the PL? We'll have to see.

Personally, I think that VAR should be for goal line technology only.

VAR in it's present form is just ruining the game. I'd hate to see it rolled out in the EFL.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,314
  • Days Won:  17

Weather Forest should or Shouldn't have made this Statement, You can Understand their point. 3 penalty decisions go against them and the Guy in charge of a the VAR is a Luton Fan, who are just one point behind them in a fight for Premier league Survival Stuart Atwell should have been replaced for this match. The Forest remarks will as it's been said will probably result in a huge fine, and may also have some effect on their points deduction appeal. 

Forest should have let the matter calm down because what was said was clearly done in the Heat of the Moment the Curse of Social Media raising it's Ugly Head. If  Forest had let things Cool Down they could have put out a more diplomatic response later on this Evening.   And the person who released the Statement will find themselves in Hot Water with the Club or in Fact they'll Get Sacked.

Edited by Wheelbarrow repair man
  • Like 2

Supporter+

Can't imagine the statement was an off the cuff one. I'm sure the the statement was authorised because it hasn't been deleted.

• Like 3

Supporter+

I think the same as you @Robbie the statement would have been authorised from the top.

• Like 3

Supporter+

You couldn't make it up.Three clear VAR mistakes quickly followed by a massive contentious decision in the the FA Cup Semi when Coventry had their comebacks of all comebacks ruined by VAR.

This wasn't how the beautiful game was supposed to be 

The question is. Which two teams would the Media, the TV stations, the sponsors & the TV advertisers prefer to be in the final Man City v Coventry or Man C v Man U?

Which two teams would generate the most money?

We know the answer to both questions don't we.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  502
  • Days Won:  2

I'm pleased that VAR isn't in the EFL, and hope it stays that way.  It is one of the reasons why I hope we decide the Championship is good enough... maybe one season in the PL, but after that, who wants to see their team struggle year after year with no hope of progressing?

Anyway, that is a totally irresponsible tweet.  It calls into question the integrity of the officials and the whole competition.  I don't think there is any on field conspiracy to make sure ManUre win, there are too many variables for that.  I think the tables are stacked off the field - turning a blind eye while Man City mop up all the trophies, whilst penalising Everton and Forest for lesser misdemeanours, stacking funding rules in favour of established PL clubs vs those coming up, or bigger clubs vs smaller clubs etc.  Those are much more effective over the longer term than ensuring a VAR decision goes one way or the other. 

I haven't seen the incidents, but what I've heard on the radio is that non of the penalties were clear fans and 'experts' alike seem split, so was it really as bad as Florist are suggesting,  I think the Coventry one was correct, harsh but correct (although they may need to think about the offside rule in view of how close the VAR can judge things). Anyway as a Wasps fan, I really dislike Coventry and have no sympathy at all. 

Anyway,  I hope Florist stay up and have another year of struggle, and then another and another.  I did hear one fan on the radio this morning hoping they get relegated as thy are not enjoying watching them scrabble around at the foot of the table.  Long may that continue!!

Supporter+

@Ohh Tommy Johnson

I agree wholeheartedly with your first paragraph.however

If any of those 3 incidents  involved a top six club, it would be odds on that the top six club would have been awarded a penalty for at least one of those incidents.

Also, if those incidents would have happened outside the penalty area, a foul would have been awarded almost every time.

Apparently there has been a change in interpretation of handball to what it was earlier in the season. No wonder players and fans are confused.

And with offsides, when you are talking about a case of just  a big toe being offside, that's just getting silly, especially when the rule is that the whole of the ball has to cross the goal line for a goal to be awarded. 

Why not have that rule for offsides too. The whole of the attackers body has to be Infront of the defending player before it is deemed offside.

I've always been against the implementation of VAR because it is not foolproof and is causing more errors rather than reducing them.

VAR should be used for goal line technology and to check sending offs but for nothing else in my opinion.

• Like 2

Supporter+

I think Forest should concentrate on playing well enough to defeat the opposition and defending well enough to stop them scoring, on field decisions will always occasionally go against what clubs think should have happened, even before VAR referees got decisions wrong, sometimes you get them sometimes you don’t. Referees can be incompetent fools but to suggest that they are biased or have a hidden agenda to send Forest down is ridiculous and just a silly smoke screen to hide their own failings. Just my opinion.

Supporter+

Trouble is we know that there is a bias toward the big six, they get most of the penalty decisions going in their favour, they seem to get many VAR decisions going in their favour too such has handballs and offsides.

Whether it is conscious or unconscious bias, there is bias, and VAR has done nothing to quell that suspicion of bias. On the contrary, it has increased it.

Forget that it is Forest. Every team that plays has to have confidence in the rules and the officials who enforce those rules, and if that trust is being undermined by the growing number of poor decisions being made, changes have to be made.

Don't think that what happens in the PL doesn't affect Notts because it does.one way or the other.

• Like 2

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,501
  • Days Won:  287

Florist were hard done to, but that statement is a total embarrassment and completely unprofessional. Claiming that the official is corrupt is also surely libellous. If the VAR wanted to benefit Luton, surely he'd have given a penalty to engineer a draw?

Florist's owner is an accident waiting to happen. Another Portsmouth in the making. 

• Like 2

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,314
  • Days Won:  17

I don't think it's the Owner DangerousSausage, it's the Owners Son, who seems to be getting more and more influence in the Running of the Club.

• Like 2

Supporter+

@DangerousSausage

I get what you are saying and the fact that the statement was posted just a few minutes after the final whistle was crass, to put it mildly, but it has certainly ruffled a few feathers at the FA and PL 

It may not in the end change anything and Forest may finish up with a big fine and censure from the PL.

It will be interesting what the transcripts from the VAR conversations regarding the penalty incidents say.

What I've read on social media is that Forest will be allowed to hear them privately, so the World will have to wait on what comes out of those VAR conversations or yet again, the public will never know.

But we'll probably know by the Forest reaction.

• Like 1