New Pitch!

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,333
  • Days Won:  11

This subject comes up every season. But surely some thing has to happen? 

With the Ladies now coming on to it as well. Are we waiting for the Rugby Club to depart in 2015? I know Mr Trew is not happy with the Contract and i can see a Big boot coming next year. 

Quite embarrassing, If we play on a bog with the ladies on TV.........actually Ladies in mud...................;)  :)  :)   

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,932
  • Days Won:  26

This subject comes up every season. But surely some thing has to happen? 

With the Ladies now coming on to it as well. Are we waiting for the Rugby Club to depart in 2015? I know Mr Trew is not happy with the Contract and i can see a Big boot coming next year. 

Quite embarrassing, If we play on a bog with the ladies on TV.........actually Ladies in mud................... ;)   :)   :)   

At the end of last season I e-mailed Mrs Trew re the pitch just to find out what was happening & she said that the pitch was going to be completely replaced this summer by getting rid of the top 3-4 inches i think she said (don't quote me as i'm not sure on the actual amount) then completely re-doing the whole lot, now I don't know how long this all takes but with the ladies playing on our pitch also I wouldn't imagine that there will be enough time so the farmers field of a pitch is here to stay ;(

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,990
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

The lights have helped, the pitch was in a much better condition but it's quite clear that the rugby is costing the pitch. I hope they don't renew the deal personally, it offers us very little in my opinion and although it's nice that they have a nice ground to borrow, I think there's better suited one's out there! I also think we need to do something with the pitch, not sure undersoil will be the answer.

That would be quite costly for a club like ours but something needs doing

If the ladies do well, who knows? That might help, something might happen.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  2,140
  • Days Won:  58

There's a 2 month break in the middle of the ladies season during the summer which will allow time for a new pitch to be planted and grown. Cant handle 3 teams on it though. I'm not too happy about having the ladies team full stop myself, I really dont like the way its come about, and the rugby team dont do us any favours. Thing is we probably cant just boot them out, where would they go? Remember, Mr Trew owns them too

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  141
  • Days Won:  2

Mr Trew no longer owns the rugby team - " A management-led team, headed by existing directors Alistair Bow and Simon Beatham replaced Jason Brewer and Luke Jones at the helm, helping to secure the Green and Whites' future.

The 15-strong consortium will plough £750,000 into the club over the next three seasons."

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,932
  • Days Won:  26

There's a 2 month break in the middle of the ladies season during the summer which will allow time for a new pitch to be planted and grown. Cant handle 3 teams on it though. I'm not too happy about having the ladies team full stop myself, I really dont like the way its come about, and the rugby team dont do us any favours. Thing is we probably cant just boot them out, where would they go? Remember, Mr Trew owns them too

They can go & ground share with Mansfield, they both play in a similar fashion..... ha ha

I didn't realise the 2 month break, but would this be enough time to completely re-do the pitch? I'm not sure as surely just to get to a re-seeding point it would take 3 weeks of work, then would this leave enough time for the pitch to grow as it's 50-50 that we will have a hot summer?

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  2,140
  • Days Won:  58

They can go & ground share with Mansfield, they both play in a similar fashion..... ha ha

I didn't realise the 2 month break, but would this be enough time to completely re-do the pitch? I'm not sure as surely just to get to a re-seeding point it would take 3 weeks of work, then would this leave enough time for the pitch to grow as it's 50-50 that we will have a hot summer?

Mrs Trew said it would be plenty enough time when the issue arose on Twitter yesterday

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,905
  • Days Won:  162

i dont see the fuss to be honest, plenty of teams in this league have far worse pitches than we do.

if the club spent the money on the pitch, people would moan its not going on the players. i bet some of these former players would have loved to play on perfect pitches but football is all about grass roots these days. :P

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,743
  • Days Won:  3

Considering the amount of usage and the weather we've had the pitch is quite good.As @liampie says there are worse.

Archived