Weekend chat - Friday 21st - Sunday 23rd June

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,759
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Good morning everyone I trust we’re all sober after drinking to forget the abysmal performance by England.

What have you got planned for the weekend? We are heading home after a lovely week in the New Forest, not looking forward to the long drive but it’ll be good to be in my own bed tonight.

Let us know what your doing this weekend.

• Like 3

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,961
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I went to Lidl earlier with Kate. It was nice walking there as we went through a park nearby but coming back... Let's just say my body makes me feel far older than I am. I'm amazed by how little space people give you these days whilst shopping. I had an elderly man practically using me as support as he passed. I wouldn't mind if it didn't limit where I could move myself. I can't say, I really enjoy going places where you don't have a level of personal space.

People expect you to disappear, when they take literally all the area by positioning their trolley sideways and then have the audacity to then walk straight towards you - as if you have to move for them.

Right now, I am having to relax due to back pain.

Tomorrow, I don't believe I have any plans but will most likely go see @super_ram at some point. Either tomorrow or Sunday.

PS. No wonder people prefer online shopping these days. :( 

• Sad 2

Supporter+

We finally arrived home after a 6 hour drive Satnav wanted to take us down the M69 but the overhead gantry said there was a 20 minute delay so we carried on to the M42, BIG MISTAKE, a lorry had jackknifed and they’d closed the motorway we sat in a jam for an hour before deciding to take the M6 toll which cost us £9.60 for a 2 mile drive! No wonder it was nearly empty. The detour was a longer route but I reckon we’d still be in a jam if we’d stayed on the M42.

Anyway back home safe and sound, time to relax with a beer and football on TV.

@Chris we do most of our shopping online now it’s very much easier than crowded supermarkets.

• Like 2

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,369
  • Days Won:  161
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

Went shopping early this morning at our local Tesco, very busy, & there are so many Tesco staff shopping for the home orders nowadays too.

We usually order our food online too, and we paid for it this year too, but since retiring, we've done a lot more shopping ourselves.

When I was working  on HGVs, with the long hours, ordering online was great.

It will be garden work tomorrow, cutting the grass, it's growing really fast this year.

And of course there is the Euro 24 to watch. Enjoying the matches too.

Didn't see much TV at all for seven years working those long hours before retiring in Feb last year.

Spent a few hours this afternoon in the garden with the Wife soaking up the Sun, well covered of course.

• Like 2

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,961
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

1 hour ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

@Chris we do most of our shopping online now it’s very much easier than crowded supermarkets.

Aye, we do but we tend to fetch bits and bobs from local stores. I'm becoming a grumpy old sod, before the age of 40. Man I feel much older now.

• Like 2

Supporter+

You certainly get around @Piethagoram. Lovely pictures, Trentham Gardens is a place I think I ought to visit.

Today I’ve been gardening clearing out weeds, cutting back shrubs etc because it’s brown bin day tomorrow.

The trouble is I’ll suffer for it tomorrow with aching joints etc.

We've got a couple of chicken legs I’m going to bbq later, Mrs. T is prepping a salad to go with it and I’ll have a nice cool drink while I’m cooking.

Who else would s enjoying the sunshine?

• Like 1

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,369
  • Days Won:  161
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

It's been a lovely day today after a bit of a misty start this morning. 24 Deg C here.

Walked my couple of miles this morning,15 miles for the week. 

No football this afternoon at the Euros. Both matches tonite at 8 pm, Looking forward to watching Scotland to see if they can qualify.

Helped the wife with a bit of housework. Trying to do my bit since retiring.

During this election watching no TV news channels or election broadcasts, sometimes there are better things to do.

• Like 1

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  17

@Robbie

I know what you mean about  helping  out the Trouble and Strife. I was once asked if I was a Considerate Lover.

Oh Yes I Always Lift My Feet When She's Hoovering.

• Haha 1