Matt Palmer as Captain, A Good Move by Notts?

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,485
  • Days Won:  166
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

• Like 4

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,485
  • Days Won:  166
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

I'm so pleased that Matt Palmer has been appointed Club Captain.

I believe it is a good move by Notts.

To be honest, I would have preferred Matt over Macca from the beginning to be Club Captain.

We await the appointment of the new Vice Captain, it will be interesting to see who Stuart Maynard picks.

• Like 4

• Robbie changed the title to Matt Palmer as Captain, A Good Move by Notts?

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,897
  • Days Won:  5

Appointing Matt Palmer makes more sense, he should have been given the role from the start. The decision to change captains resulted in us losing one player and potentially a second who was likely to attract bids. I’m pleased for Palmer; I believe he will perform well in the role. I have no doubt that a quiet person can maintain their composure in moments when others might lose theirs. Just because he’s quiet doesn’t mean he won’t inspire the players.

• Like 4

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,000
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

It's a sensible decision. I see some fans on social media think we should have given it to someone like Jacob Bedeau or Matty Platt. I don't think we should consider them as vice captains yet, allow them to focus on their role in the squad before giving them any sort of leadership role. Any player would prove their worth in one of these roles when it becomes vacant, but I do believe Matt Palmer is a good choice.

As I have said in other discussions, he does communicate with the players during games. He's not silent, but he doesn't lose his head. He's focused and articulate about what he does; this should transfer over to his captaincy role.

I don't think the arm band will make him any less of a reliable midfielder, he's the type of player who might get overlooked, but I feel he will show he's no shadow.

• Like 2

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,915
  • Days Won:  162

it feels like getting a second vote for brexit, but i am glad matt palmer has been given it. captains are usually also a senior member of the squad who has been around and knows the ropes, unless you are signing a captain and they have requested it as part of the transfer we would always be looking at someone like palmer.