Where are they now : John Bostock

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Days Won:  17

I Thought John might have Retired when Notts let him Go and then Gone Into Coaching. The Experience he has would Greatly Benefit a National League Side and in that League, he may be able to Cut his Teeth on Eventually becoming a Head Coach. And in Luke Williams he does have an Excellent Tutor.

But what ever he Decides either carrying on Playing or Coaching I Do Wish John All The Best. 

• Like 8
  • Love 2

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,479
  • Days Won:  166
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

I do wish John all the best. He was an influential member of our promotion winning  team that got Notts back to the football league, and no matter what he does or where he may go, he will always be made welcome back at the Lane, 

• Like 9

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,466
  • Days Won:  15

The issue with John Bostock is that he’ll likely demand a salary befitting a first-team player, which his experience justifies. I think Notts no longer see him as a regular starter and have decided to let him seek first-team opportunities. It would be strange to see him sign permanently with Swansea City. His age and ability seemed to catch up with him last season. He’s still a very good player, but he wasn’t the same.

• Like 11

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,000
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

John Bostock is a very good player, I think last season is less than a sign of his ability but more a loss of form. It's clear that Luke Williams managed to lift certain players, and Bostock is no different. He always spoke very highly of Williams, so his departure would have been massive on him. He arrived at Notts, and revived his career to the point I didn't foresee his release.

Had you told me immediately after we gained promotion back to the EFL, I wouldn't believe just a season later we would let him go. I think he's easily someone who could be used in a rotational system.

I also don't think he would have wanted to leave; I believe it to be fully our decision. Maybe, an unfortunate victim of the way Stuart Maynard sees things in the areas that the club needs to improve. It might be unpopular, but I would rather have Johnny Bostock than David McGoldrick. However, one of them has the ability to prove me wrong. For the other, success can only be achieved in a different environment.

• Like 2
  • Love 8

• Content Count:  1,144
  • Days Won:  17

I believe towards the End of Last Season, because the Notts Squad was Paper thin certain Players had to play carrying an Injury and I think John was one of these, he had to play on which affected his Play. The loss of Luke Williams has it's been stated was a Big Loss to John, but also the Loss of Matty Palmer as his Midfield Partner also had a Negative affect on him as well. 

• Like 7

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  373
  • Days Won:  0

I heard a while back that Walsall and Swindon Town were showing interest in him, as reported by local newspapers. I’m not sure how serious or genuine those interests were, but I would have thought he’d have been signed by now. He’s a talented player, but it’s unfortunate that if we were to be promoted, he would be quite far down the pecking order in the squad. If he stayed to play this season, his opportunities would likely be limited.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,094
  • Days Won:  2

He’s a talented player, and I wouldn’t have minded seeing him for another season. However, something seemed to be lacking in his performance last season, and I’m not entirely convinced we’d see him return to his peak form. I hope John Bostock finds a suitable team. I wonder what the odds are of him signing with a Scottish team?

• Like 7

• Content Count:  184
  • Days Won:  0

In the National League, he was a standout player. At the start of last year, he seemed decent in League Two. There were some good moments, but largely it was disappointing. If Notts is looking for defensive cover in midfield, they could probably find someone better suited. I hope he finds a new club soon.

• Like 6

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,733
  • Days Won:  27

Swindon Town could be a suitable team for John Bostock. He deserves the opportunity to play for another reasonably large League Two team. It’s hard to imagine him playing regularly in League One, but in football, you never know.

It would be unfortunate to see him move down to the National League, but the right project could greatly benefit the later stages of his career.

• Like 6

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  560
  • Days Won:  4
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Retro_Pie

He’s a very good professional role model. I was sad to see him go, but now I believe it’s for the best. He’ll find a club. His wages might be a sticking point for some teams, but someone will sign him. He’s too good to retire right now; he still has something to offer.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,458
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

Johnny Bostock! I would have thought he’d be signed by now. He’s too good to just be a trialist with Swindon Town. He could be very useful for a League Two team. It’s just unfortunate that we’ve moved forward, and our plans have changed. He had two decent seasons, one of which was flawless.

• Like 4

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  281
  • Days Won:  1

John Bostock quickly missed partnering with Matt Palmer. I think the arrival of Scott Robertson has the club thinking that this duo should make their mark in the central areas of our midfield. I believe Robertson might be played in a more defensive role when Palmer returns to regular play. This leaves the club needing to find another defensive midfielder, but I don’t think Bostock would want to be a benchwarmer or an occasional player. We need to find someone who can push to be exactly that, which I don’t think Bostock would be again, considering how poorly his season ended last year.

• Like 2

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,915
  • Days Won:  162

this is the john bostock i wished we could have back, i agree, he missed matt palmer but he was such a defensive part in keeping us moving forward.

• Like 1