Morocco v Argentina, Olympic Games

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,479
  • Days Won:  166
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

Chaos at the start of the Olympics in Paris 

Football match is suspended after Moroccan fans invaded the pitch  and we're throwing firecrackers at players after Argentina had equalised in the 16th minute of injury time at the end of the match.

The game was suspended for two hours, the stadium cleared, and the match resumed. A subsequent VAR check ruled out the Argentinian goal for offside, and Morocco won the game 2:1.

VAR is certainly changing the game, but is it for the better?

Is this match and how it finished, setting a dangerous precedent?

• Surprised 2
  • Sad 2

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,466
  • Days Won:  15

Take a firm stance and exclude them from the Olympics, and also consider barring their supporters from attending. There’s absolutely no justifiable reason for causing a riot or creating a fuss after a loss.

• Like 4

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  281
  • Days Won:  1

I didn’t watch the match and this is the first I’ve heard of it, but South American teams do have fans who can get a bit wild if they feel cheated. I find it ironic that Argentina feels hard done by, considering they have cheated multiple times in major international competitions. So, a decision didn’t go their way; they should move on and accept it. I suspected that Spain’s second goal might have been offside in the Euro 2024 final, but I won’t lose sleep over it.

• Like 3

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,915
  • Days Won:  162

var could be the death of football, but even without it. argentina fans are very hostile. the amount of times i have read about trouble happening in a south american game either for clubs in argentina, brazil, peru etc or the international teams. its pathetic behaviour to riot.

• Like 2

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,000
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Has anything come of this trouble? I searched Google to find articles about how Morocco players were attacked by Argentina fans. That's disgraceful, something FIFA should look into also, as their fans shouldn't be allowed to travel to the next World Cup in my opinion.

Whatever was the right decision with VAR, you don't riot or attack people because you feel the decision is wrong.

• Like 1