• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,074
  • Days Won:  17

As We Fans of Lower League Clubs continue to look on as another  League 2 or National League Club face Financial Problems or Administration ( problems that we Fans of Notts are Familiar with in the Club's Past). Help Is Wanted. Now I'm Not a Finance Expert Just an Ordinary Fan who has ideas which May Help Clubs they are Not a Cure for a Club's Debts or Any Other Problems They May Have. This Topic is Just Food For Thought.

Firstly Any Club with Financial Worries shouldn't have the Added Burden of the EFL Slapping a 10 Point Deduction on them, should they manage to get they Finances in Order before the Start of the Following or Current Season. It Makes No Sense and Just Puts More Pressure on a Club.

The EFL Need to Work with a Financial Company who can produce a Blue Print to help Struggling Clubs with Such Things has Players and Staff wages, Stadium Rental Etc and Produce a Budget which the Club must Stick Rigidly Too.

It would also be a Huge Gesture and Financial Help, if a Top Premier League Team would Play a Match against a Struggling Club All Star XI. By that I mean take Manchester City 's Team Full of all their Star Players (Haarland Foden etc) and Play Woking (who have been the Latest Club with money Troubles), the Woking Team would be Thrashed I hear you  say. Ah Yes but what if the Woking Team also had Premier League Stars in their side? Say 8 Stars and 3 Woking players in the Line Up, who could be subbed during the game by their Team mates, so all the Woking players got a Chance to play With and Against Premier League Players and Michael Doyle could pitch his wits against Pep. All the Premier Players will offer their Services Free and all Money Raised would go into the Woking Club Coffers. Just a Couple of  Ideas from Me. Do any other PON Members have Ideas that Could Help Clubs in Trouble?

• Like 4

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,376
  • Days Won:  17
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

Perhaps the EFL should appoint a third-party financial regulator who has the authority to scrutinise a club’s expenditure without any restrictions. However, they should only be able to report concerns and must sign a non-disclosure agreement to prevent them from leaking information to the media or social media, including fan accounts or third-party ones.

I don’t anticipate any changes like the ones suggested, but there must be many worthwhile suggestions worth exploring.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,761
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

The information would most certainly be leaked one way or another, but football finances are made public to a degree anyway.

I have no suggestions on how this could be handled. Perhaps, the EFL could look at local companies near to each club but even then, I can see things being largely the same as it is now. :( 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,793
  • Days Won:  162

if the football league wanted to get a grip on clubs finances and ensure people were advising them, with the mind set that the club could be reported for spending dangerously it would have to be a reliable firm, one disconnected to fans of the same team and not completely under the control of the efl. i am not sure how football could improve in the financial department, everything is geared to spending money.

• Like 1

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,147
  • Days Won:  153
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

@Wheelbarrow repair man

You make some good points here and your ideas appear very sound.

I would like to see a fund set up where Premier League Clubs contribute say .05% of their turnover to this fund to assist clubs who are struggling financially through no fault or their own.

Something has to be done to address the growing chasm between the haves and have nots 

• Like 1