Just Out Of Curiosity

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,074
  • Days Won:  17

A Nice Simple Question.

Just Out Of Curiosity.

Who In Your Opinion Is The Best Notts Coach Of The 21st Century ?

Two Come To My Mind Martin "Mad Dog" Allen And Steve Cotterill.

• Like 4

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,147
  • Days Won:  153
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

For me it is Luke Williams because he got Notts promoted back to the Football League.

• Like 3

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,684
  • Days Won:  27

Martin Allen, a manager known for his humour and charm, was someone I greatly admired. Yes, he used his charisma to distract from the results, but that only made us focus on more important aspects. Luke Williams is an excellent communicator. I enjoyed his press interviews and listening to his insights. He has a genuine, friendly approach that seems to bring out the best in players. These two are the only ones who have stood out as particularly good managers during my time so far. Please don’t bring up Kevin Nolan. He treated players poorly and had one good season thanks to two promising Forest youngsters. His loyalty to his drinking buddies caused us a lot of trouble.

Also, listening to Ricardo Moniz was enjoyable - he spoke about football properly and came across well. However, our defence wasn’t great under him. I don’t care about seeing attacking football when the games are very tight, even when you score 3 goals! He’s a good coach, but not the best.

• Love 2

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,761
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Honestly, I don't think we have had a manager longer enough to be really labelled anything more than good.

Luke Williams would get my vote, a full season and a half he did a decent job. Taking us back to the English Football League is a major plus for him. It would be nice if we could find ourselves in the position of having managers for a much longer term, but obviously promotions will attract admirers. Nothing can be done about that, but it's sort of the best out of a bad batch.

Not all have been terrible, but certainly there's no real competition.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,793
  • Days Won:  162

imagine if we were a premier league team, it would be much harder and funnier with the amount of managers they have both good and bad. if you are a top club, win the league the next year that manager could be replaced with another successful manager, or you have an average manager that does well and one with a better reputation that does nothing.

i liked martin allen, i thought he was very funny but i think in terms of success it would have to be luke williams.

• Like 1

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,074
  • Days Won:  17

@Robbie and @liampie

I understand your choice of Luke Williams. But if memory serves didn't Martin Allen get the Magpies in their highest League Position in many a long Year? And Steve Cotterill got Notts promoted after the  Munto Finance  Scam.

• Like 1

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,793
  • Days Won:  162

14 minutes ago, Wheelbarrow repair man said:

@Robbie and @liampie

I understand your choice of Luke Williams. But if memory serves didn't Martin Allen get the Magpies in their highest League Position in many a long Year? And Steve Cotterill got Notts promoted after the  Munto Finance  Scam.

keith curle did. :) 

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,147
  • Days Won:  153
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+
1 hour ago, Wheelbarrow repair man said:

@Robbie and @liampie

I picked Luke Williams because he got us back into the football league breaking records all the way.

• Like 1