GIVE IT TO JATTA

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,479
  • Days Won:  166
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

I say give the number nine jersey to Alasana Jatta.

He is a worthy recipient to take the converted jersey after Macca's exit.

Three goals already in preseason games.

He fully deserves to lead the Notts attack.

• Like 4

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Numbers on shirts don’t matter so much these days, I agree with @Wheelbarrow repair man it’s highly likely he’ll lead the attack no matter what number is on his back, I doubt it bothers the players what number they’re given.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  7,479
  • Days Won:  166
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

@Wheelbarrow repair man

@Fan of Big Tone

Someone has to have the number 9. Why not Jatta? The number nine number is still available and someone has to have it. Why not Jatta?

Lots of supporters on social media at the time were mentioning that Macaulay was a number nine that was breaking records. 

I believe that the number nine shirt is important. So do many Notts supporters 

• Like 1

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Days Won:  17

Like it's been stated I don't think the Number 9 Shirt holds the same importance has it used to, if  Teams played in the Old 1-11 shirts the number 9 was usually the Teams Top Scorer, but nowadays with the Squad numbers taking over , No particular Number has much identity attached to it. I think Ruben when he was at Notts was considered a Number 10, but always wore number 20 on his Back. It's just another Tradition that's Fallen By The Way Side, in the Modern Game. Many things have changed over the Years and Not Always For The Better.

• Like 1

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

@Robbie I’m not saying he shouldn’t get the number 9 shirt, maybe he will, I’m just saying it’s not that important these days as @Wheelbarrow repair man says in the post above it’s an old fashioned idea that your best team has numbers 1 to 11, it’s all about squad numbers these days.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  3,458
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

Given Jatta’s impressive performance in the pre-season, I believe he deserves recognition as our primary striker and should be awarded the number 9 shirt. While shirt numbers might seem insignificant, they can be used to instil confidence or boost a player’s morale. Some teams practice this, and players take pride in honouring it. I see no reason why we shouldn’t do the same.

• Like 2

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,000
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I don't want to tempt fate, but we could give it to our highest earner and in that I mean, David McGoldrick. He already looks likely to be the vice captain (to my knowledge this hasn't been confirmed by Notts yet). I would rather Alassana Jatta or Cedwyn Scott get it, but Jatta has done remarkably well.

The numbers on shirts being given relevant importance, is a trick teams did to sell shirts, and it really doesn't mean much.

That said, I have said in the past that it would be nice to return the traditional way of numbers being given to important players, as the numbers 1-11 did actually mean something.

• Like 2