The Total Farce Of The Premier League

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Days Won:  17

Apparently the Premier League have fined Manchester City £2.09 million because in 22 matches they were late coming out for the Second Half. Really!! I Mean Really? I know Man City are possibly the Most Hated Team in the Premiership with other Fans but to fine them over £2 Million Pounds is Utter and Complete Garbage, because they breached Premier League Rules With Out Good Reason. Ok Fine the Club but lets keep things in perspective. Now that this as Happened should other Clubs also break this Rule they are going to have be Fined the Same amount. Can you imagine the chaos this could cause if one of the Lower Premier League Clubs were handed a £2 Million Pound Fine?

And what if this sort of  Rule was Adopted throughout The EFL ? Clubs wouldn't be Fined as Much but Imagine the Damage that would be Done to a Club, if they were Fined between £100,000 and £300,000 for the same sort of infringement, it would probably Result in Some Clubs Going To The Wall.

I Know the Premier League make Rules up as they Go Along but by what right do they have to inflict this kind of a Fine on a Club? I hope Man City fight this, because if They Don't the Fall of English Football will take One Step Nearer. And Finally Pep's answer to All This? I'll Make My Team Talks Shorter. Yeh Way To Go Pep.

THOUGHTS?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,479
  • Days Won:  166
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

Should have docked them a point for every match they were late on the field.

That would mean 22 points docked for this season to begin with. That would really send a message to them.

That would stop them winning the title & getting into Europe unless they won the FA Cup.

As for the 115 charges still outstanding, nothing will happen regarding that little misdemeanor. Too much money would be lost, and the FA can't have that.

• Like 4

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Days Won:  17

Yeah you're Probably Right Regarding the 115 outstanding Charges @Robbie My Beef is about the Fact the Premier League bringing in this Rule and the Total Size of the Fine £2.09 Million. I mean what do those in charge do? Write down a list of numbers, then Blindfold one member and stick a Pin in the Paper?  For another Club Not has Rich as Man City could quite easily throw that Club into Chaos. And how Long before the EFL bring Something Similar for Clubs outside the Premiership? 

• Like 2

• Content Count:  7,479
  • Days Won:  166
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

Fines and points deductions never used to be a part of football in the past, but of course football has changed from being primarily a sport to a money making venture.

As you rightly said, £2 million to Man City will be nothing compared to that amount put on a club outside the PL.

And where will that money paid by Man City for that fine go. To the PL, and what will they use that money for?

• Like 2

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,000
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

It was some time ago when I read much of the things Manchester City had been charged with, along with various threats from them about taking action over the FA. They seem to be able to avoid punishment, I am not sure the amount of money to them is a big thing. Which makes it not effective.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  3,458
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

The Premier League is a joke and always will be. Some clubs are treated differently, and it shouldn’t be this way. Manchester City, being one of the biggest teams to bring in revenue, gets some unfair advantages. Manchester United did before them. The only big team I think has been nailed and sometimes punished worse is Chelsea.

• Like 2

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,915
  • Days Won:  162

i dont have much time or interest in the premier league, i sometimes caught games last season but i think it lacks the fan element that we have.

manchester city being unable to sell out their ground, despite having the appeal and ability to lower their tickets just sums it up. when teams start buying the league, it does take away their identity and i am disappointed they are managing to avoid proper punishment so far for all their charges.

• Like 1