Old Wheelbarrow Repairman's Almanac

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Days Won:  17

Right Thinking Caps On, Crystal Balls Out (No I'm Not An Android) Take off your Rose Tinted Glasses, Live in the Real World and Not a Fantasy Land. Hand on Heart and Be Totally Honest with Yourself. 

How Do You See This New Season Going For Notts?

What Do You Expect From The Team?

And What Will Be Notts Final Position in the League 2 Table?

My Answers are:-

I See A Season of Struggle unless a New Playing System is Adopted.

I Expect  Better Performances From the Defence. But Not as many Goals this Season.

Notts Final Position 14th Again Give or Take a Place.

• Like 4

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I think we may struggle to start but pick up and have a good(ish) season, I see us definitely in the top half but maybe not good enough for playoffs unless we strengthen our squad.

I think the team will work hard and show plenty of grit and determination with a controlled aggressive play.

Around 9th or 10th

• Like 3

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,479
  • Days Won:  166
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

The first half a dozen games are going to be very important, and may well define Notts's season.

I also think it depends how the team shape up for those six games too.

I believe that Stuart Maynard should treat every single game on its merits and pick a team & play a shape that depends on whether Notts are at home or away, & what team they are playing.

Playing a similar style every single game either home or away is going to lead to trouble in my opinion.

For me, all playing styles should be on the table. Notts must not be predictable this season, it simple won't be successful if they are.

As far as where I think Notts will finish the season is concerned, I rule out automatic promotion.

I'm hoping that they may scrape into a playoff place if they vary their style,  but realistically, I think it will be mid table. I hope I am wrong.

• Like 2

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,466
  • Days Won:  15

I think the squad is perfectly adequate for doing well. Much will depend on fitness, luck with avoiding injuries, form, and if Stuart Maynard can get Notts winning under him. I do think we have the quality in the right areas to push for promotion.

I just want the squad to work hard and cut out simple mistakes. If we lose, which will happen, it’s better to lose having tried than to gift results away. All we can ask is that they work hard and try.

I’m going to say 7th. I think playoffs is a respectable assumption.

• Like 3

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,915
  • Days Won:  162

i think we will be much better and i think much it comes down to form, plus the christmas period and how we handle it. i do think we can be at the top end, but i dont think we will maintain an automatic position throughout the season. i do think we can finish in the autos, with the playoffs being more likely.

better defensively, good possession state, plenty of shots on target. hard work and working as a team.

5-7th, anywhere between those, perhaps higher with things going our way.