Estádio São Januário, Rio de Janeiro

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,000
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Armed robbery? 😮 South American football is dangerous as it is.

What if the club has connections to a cartel, drug lord or otherwise dubious person? It could be a bad decision to rob the club. I doubt the culprits will be charged or face punishment. The ground and club appear to be quite impressive.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  144
  • Days Won:  0

11 minutes ago, Chris said:

What if the club has connections to a cartel, drug lord or otherwise dubious person?

It wouldn’t surprise me if this was the real reason the club was robbed. Clubs are often used to funnel dirty money.

• Like 3

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  628
  • Days Won:  1

Was the armed robbery for money, or did they take something else of value? I don't think clubs should handle cash in dangerous areas.

• Like 3

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,780
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

@Chris @JustLikeJuve @Blake The article is initially focussed on the street robbery of British journalist Tim Vickery after a match.

I have been to Rio a few times and one needs your wits about you, as walking down any street, you need to be aware of the people around you. 

I was nearly a victim of an attempted mugging in Ecuador, many years ago, which was supposed to be one of the safest South American countries at the time.

There is little law and order in Rio, favelas may have some police stations but they close in the evening and during the night, the gangs have free reign. The "structures" of society we have in Europe, one is thankful for

• Sad 4

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,000
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I have a couple of Brazilian friends, one is a dev, and he has spoken about how it's dangerous even for people who know what areas are like. I should have read the article though, as I thought it was based on the club. 🙃

Though a lot of clubs are owned by dubious people unfortunately.

• Like 3

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,915
  • Days Won:  162

very rough, but its mostly because of the way those countries are ran. people need money, grans thrive on violence and its the people who try to live a good life that suffer.

• Like 2

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  580
  • Days Won:  2

I don’t know about Brazil, but the risk of being held for ransom in some South American countries puts me right off wanting to visit.

• Like 2